ATX Community

KY local return????

schirallicpa

I think this tax season I just jump from one return I cannot finish, to another.  

I have a guy that moved to NY from KY.  Has a KY W2 with local withholdings for Owensb Occupatn.  Is there a local return that needs to be filed for this.  I'm only finding something called occupational business license application in the ATX .  

I have a number of clients in NY that work in PA and PA has a local return that's pretty generic that you indicate in the input where the tax is withheld.  Was expecting to find something similar.

Found online:

What is the Occupational License Fee?

The Occupational License Fee is a one and seventy-eight hundredths (1.78)** percent privilege license fee levied and imposed on the earnings of a person, association, corporation or other entity engaged in any occupation, trade, profession or other activity conducted or performed in the corporate city limits of Owensboro. The fee is assessed equally on both residents and non-residents of the city.

For an employee, the license fee is withheld by the employer at the rate of one and seventy-eight hundredths (1.78)** percent of the salaries, wages, commissions and other compensation earned for work done or services performed or rendered in the city.