ATX Community

EFILE - HOLD?

michaelmars

What it means is that you do not have to send all at once. I choose to hold my state e-files until my federal have been accepted. I learned to do this after I had several federal rejected, due to social security/name mismatches and a few other reasons, but the state was accepted. Therefore I had to ammend the state to correct the mistake. Had I held the state until the federal was accepted, I could correct the state and re-create the efile, therefore no need to ammending later.

If you choose to hold the state, after the federal is accepted it will automatically switch from held to created and you canthen transmit without having to do anything else. I actually love this feature!

Hope this helps!

Deb!

Glad to be on the giving side for a change!

Deb!

Deb, could you take a look at something I posted earlier? I know everyone is busy, but this is bugging me:

Ok, I just now looked at the "e-file info" tab on a 4868, and in red letters ATX says, "This page must be included for any Form 4868 extension you wish to file electronically with the IRS." The form has a blank for date signed.

Is ATX wrong up there in red? I have been creating and transmitting all afternoon without completing the e-file info tab stuff. Not yet heard about any acknowledgements...

Do we need to get signatures before e-filing extension requests? This seems to be what is indicated, and I have not done it. If we have to get signatures, I'll be going to the post office. No more people, please!