ATX Community

Medlin payroll

JimTaxes

Already replied to Jim via our support email...

Essentially, Medlin creates the data file from the employee and paycheck information.  Then, via the SSA's process, the data can be submitted.  The SSA controls their process, and provides fairly good instruction via their BSO pages.  The one caveat is most will have to go through a login refresh process, as many will forget their login from the prior year...

We have been offering to create the efile data for many years, and for those not yet required to efile (as well as for the employer and employee copies), Medlin is authorized to print the W2/W3 forms on plain paper.

This is my third year of using Medlin and I can honestly say that everything works smoothly and efficiently the way that it should.

An extremely good value for the low price that he charges. My only complaint is that I would like to see a few more features/functions added

for which I would have no problem paying more. However I totally understand why he doesn't add these things.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimTaxes said:

@cbsleedo you file w-2s electronically 

Yes, I have been efiling W-2s for well over 10 years. No problems. The SSA website has improved over the years.

I think you just have to work your way thru the process until you're comfortable.

Admittedly when you do something like this only once a year, it takes little extra time to refresh your memory.