ATX Community

I Just Called in the Troops......

mcb39

This evening, I called the gal who worked for me pre-Covid and pre-Vaccine and asked her if she would think about coming in for a few days a month to help out.  No hesitation.  She said that her life is so boring.  I told her that she could balance checkbooks, do bookkeeping and would not have to prepare tax returns unless she wanted to.  She is all for it.  I just got my third license downloaded and working on Saturday so I know she will do simple returns.  We are getting so far behind already as I am teaching and interviewing and getting too many interruptions to actually get much work done during the day.  Therefore, all I can say is Woo Hoo!!  I have always believed in doing the best job possible and even if I don't have as much profit as usual this year; it will be worth it to get these returns done correctly.  Who knows what is still ahead of us!!!!

• Like 6

In retrospect, after reading all the comments about double dipping; we have gone back and are checking a few young ladies and men who have just fallen off of their parents' returns.  Sure enough!  Another $1400 refund.  This just doesn't seem possible but, as someone said, we don't make the laws.🥺  I am watching this board closely every day to see what else comes up.  And, now; don't forget the new baby.  We are seeing some really huge refunds.  Where is all this money going to come from?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WITAXLADY said:

Hi MCB!!

What are you teaching?

D

I am teaching my new assistant the ins and outs of tax preparation; if that is possible.  She is doing an amazing job.  As you know, I cannot be here forever, but was able to find a willing and able gal who would like to build a business for herself, just as we did.  How are you?

over worked! 1 staff still out with Covid symptoms since Christmas - trying to do books from home as she needs to work - staff thought she did not do much - they are finding out  hmm - she did more than they gave her credit for. I prayed a 9 day Novena to St. Joseph for help and got 2 clients - homemakers whose children are back in school and they are working great!

I thought I had someone to train over the next couple years to buy me out - but I think she was afraid to take the leap!!

summer project -

Did you realize that the 3 main forms - I use have added questions and now the PPP has a worksheet -

Retention Credit has to be answered if they received the stimulus!

EIC - if yes - go to q6!! what? and answer q13a on the 8812

Who sits and thinks of these!!!

and how do you charge for this...

Best,

Darlene

We spend more time trying to decide if some of these credits are actually legit.  Every day is a new learning session.  I don't know what to do about charging.  If you raise them too much, they just don't "get" it, even though we spent half the day researching and deciding between us what box to check for who.  And who gets to claim the child and every other year parents are both getting the CTC.  Ugh!!!!

Later    Marilyn

• Like 2