ATX Community

DE 8453 for 2021

RobinL

2 hours ago, RobinL said:

Does DE have a 8453 for 2021 (declaration for individual efile)? It says it's obsolete, are we to use some other form?

Hi, I'm from DE and can tell you that the form existed through the end of Feb of this year, and then the DE Div of Rev made it obsolete at the beginning of March.  Nothing on the state's website announced it either, and I was about to make a call when I found the software update describing the change.

Nothing like wasting some time looking for something that went *poof* in the night and no longer exists!

Like some other states, no signature form is required for the DE individual forms now.

2 minutes ago, Lion EA said:

Making a change to tax returns during tax season! Just like the federal government.

IKR!  DE revamped all of the individual forms this year to very different presentation and weren't ready until late February. That meant that all of the returns were on hold until the software was updated. Then when I thought everyone was ready to go, the DE 2210 still was in development and held up any returns that had that included.