ATX Community

Arrgghhh!

JJStephens

Like a lot of you I am pulling my hair out trying to transmit some last minute e-files and extensions. I keep getting messages that say (in effect), 'there's nothing wrong with the file--we just can't handle it right now.' The ATX web site says it's due to high volume and their best solution is to just keep trying. Every try that is rejected requires reloading the return and recreating the e-file. Arrghhh! I've been trying since 1pm (it's now after 6pm) to send about a dozen files. I've spent at least two of those hours (at a time I don't have an extra 2 minutes to spare) recreating e-files only to have them rejected again.

I was wavering on renewing with ATX. I waver no more. I was a gnat's eyelash from jumping to Drake or TRX last fall. I'll be contacting them tomorrow.

I know I'm not the only one with a tale of woe. Just needed a place to vent a bit.

For what it's worth, someone on another thread suggested having the cursor over the STOP so that when/if the dreaded red appears, you can stop immediately. That worked for me. Then I decided to just wait abit. My last 4 went through rather quickly as, I suspect, some folks just went on home. I don't think the crunch will last all evening. Hang in there, deep breath, deep breath...

The only delays I've seen using TRX is the extension acks seem to take forever to come back. But that is probably on the IRS end. They seem to be taking about a day.

Correct. Currently the IRS "drains" (gathers submissions from all transmitters) 1040 forms three times a day, but only once a day for extensions. Then starting next Wednesday they drop to once a day for 1040s and three per week for extensions. See http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/providers/artic...d=97448,00.html

I'm also waiting for ACKS, but I got all of my transmissions validated by midnite. I use both ATX and Drake in 2 separate offices. I noticed that while Drake was receiving transmissions OK, that the ACKS had stopped around noon on the 15th. I wonder if they also didn't allocate extra resources to handle the heavy volume. I'm still torn between Drake and ATX as the ATX software will do things that Drake won't, but Drake seems to be more user friendly. As long as I get ACKS in time to retransmit if needed, I'm happy.