ATX Community

Can't run ATX with Quickbooks 2007 or 2008 open

carolynm

My computer has developed a really annoying problem. I can't run Quickbooks and ATX at the same time. I used to be able to have Quickbooks open while preparing an ATX return -now ATX won't respond if I have Quickbooks open. As soon as I close Quickbooks, ATX does whatever I was trying to do. It's almost like they are trying to use the same memory or something. I have 1Gig of ram on my computer, is that enough?

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem? This happened with ATX2006 & 2007, and Quickbooks 2007 & 2008 . ATX 2005 works fine with Quickbooks open but not 2006 & 2007. This is driving me crazy.

Carolyn

I have had no issues with that. Well, at least as of yesterday. I will have 06 & 07 versions of ATX open as well as the 07 version of quickbooks at once.

I do have 2GB of RAM if that does make a difference.

Aha! I was wondering if it was just me! ATX works but veeeerrrrryyyyy slowly with QB open. I, too, have a gig. Maybe we need 2...

Both have been slow to respond periodically but that's my computer. I also have 1GB of RAM.

I have noticed several things and I think it might have to do with a Windows XP update a few weeks ago. I ended up restoring to a previous point on my home computer it was so irritating.

I believe that it is a QuickBooks problem. In 2007 and 2008 versions they have several bugs and conflicts with other software. Had to totally reformat my system and and stop using 3 programs to get certain QUickBooks features to work. Also, I noticed that initially with nothing else installed QB ran extremely fast. Once other software was reinstalled certain features, such as credit card and Billing Solutions have become extremely slow. Other software, not just ATX also slows down when QB is running..

Apparently these are known issues at Intuit, and for over 2 years they have failed to address them.