ATX Community

I did it-finally

Julie

T'was only a bad joke, and there's no connection between those two comments. Perhaps it would make sense if you knew that Joel was not the only guy around to make jokes about concubines. That's all. Nothing more to tell.

Oh, and I thought my comment about the concubine "Now to find the right women for my concubine....." was an invitation to all the wonderful women out here.

Very disappointed that I did not get even one inquiry here. :blink: After all, don't I look debonair and sophisticated with my Butlers outfit and Grey Hair? LOL

If you looked rich and about ready to die, you might get more inquiries.

Should I put a picture of wealthy millionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne up here? (Wonder if I could even find one?)

Of course as he would really look today, considering his first appearance was in Detective Comics #27 in May of 1939. That would make him somewhere in his late 80's to mid 90's.

Of course I could always say, that Alfred, through some miracle of technology outlived Bruce and inherited all his wealth.

Stockton & Fruitridge? That's a JH now, but what a place to cut your teeth! Especially about the time you were there. Funny about Sac; the other side of Stockton at Fruitridge is fine now, but that side is still pretty icky. especially the little strip mall where the JH is. 15 years ago 14th Ave was bad..I lived there then and there were drug dealers all over. Now it's nice pretty much all the way to Fruitridge. I'm at 21st ave & 64th. Let me know when you're open house is...I'd love to meet you!

I agree that the little strip mall with JH is pretty scuzzy....but I was across the street next to Mr. Video. The place where I worked is (I think) a cigarette store now, since HRB moved past the grocery store (now FoodsCo) to the inside of the shopping center, close to where Dollar Tree used to be.

So far as I can tell, Stockton Blvd is the dividing line. The east side is not bad, the west side, well... Let's just say that being in a good neighborhood will be a new experience for me. The open house will be a Saturday in July....either the second or third Saturday, if all goes well.

Stockton & Fruitridge? That's a JH now, but what a place to cut your teeth! Especially about the time you were there. Funny about Sac; the other side of Stockton at Fruitridge is fine now, but that side is still pretty icky. especially the little strip mall where the JH is. 15 years ago 14th Ave was bad..I lived there then and there were drug dealers all over. Now it's nice pretty much all the way to Fruitridge. I'm at 21st ave & 64th. Let me know when you're open house is...I'd love to meet you!

Stockton is definitely the dividing line, until you get up to UCD. Then its not too bad on either side. I've been watching the gentrification of the area for a lot of years now. Was a while ago, Y st. was the dividing line between ok & yuck in that area; I had a friend on Y and you wouldn't want to walk down 1st. Now not nearly so bad for a few blocks south. And, as I said, 14th wasn't too great 15 years ago. Now on my side of Stockton you are ok until you go past fruitridge. Are you in the front of Tallac, or the back or on one of the walking paths inside?

I'm on the back side of the shopping center. I have two outside doors, one is on the back (near the Tallac Lounge) and the other is on a walking path inside.

I believe that, at least for part of its length, Y st is considered the boundary of Oak Park. And you know how deadly that label can be.

Stockton is definitely the dividing line, until you get up to UCD. Then its not too bad on either side. I've been watching the gentrification of the area for a lot of years now. Was a while ago, Y st. was the dividing line between ok & yuck in that area; I had a friend on Y and you wouldn't want to walk down 1st. Now not nearly so bad for a few blocks south. And, as I said, 14th wasn't too great 15 years ago. Now on my side of Stockton you are ok until you go past fruitridge. Are you in the front of Tallac, or the back or on one of the walking paths inside?