ATX Community

efile rejection for 8962

schirallicpa

After waiting until the last possible minute to possibly get a SSN issue figured out with an adopted child (which was not figured out and the taxpayer owes.....😔) my efile was rejected because of missing premium tax credit form.  UGH.  The client is trying to find the 1095. I was not aware of this little nuance in the efile system.  And not sure how to get around it if I don't have a 1095 by 5pm.  I feel sorry for these guys.  

• Like 1

You do get a couple of days to correct a rejected e-file, at least.

But boy oh boy do I ever hate those *&^%$# 1095-A forms. Around here (MA) half the providers don't send them; they have to be downloaded. But they also don't notify people they are available. First we know is that reject. Then client has to scramble to figure out if it's paper (where, or get a replacement) or electronic (then how to log in to get it). 

• Like 1

yes - NYS is same way: download it and print it.  Which honestly, most people don't have printers anymore - they have phones.  And - if they only had marketplace ins for a couple of months in early 2021 - who remembers?  Same thing for unemployment.  NYS thinks you can print everything on your own.  Their website is a nightmare, they are continually making you change passwords, and no one remembers that they collected 2 or 3 unemployment checks a year later.  It's a pain.  But NYS sucks up the interest fees for underreporting.  

• Like 1

I will never understand folks that have a computer, and do not have a printer.  That would be like buying a car with no tires.

Second greatest pet peeve, is the client that "...I have a printer, but have not had any ink for it for several weeks."

We will never be a paperless society, especially in the tax and accounting fields.

RANT OVER

• Like 2