ATX Community

IRS Scanning Forms

Lee B

At least this is a start, but they're so far behind.

"In a major step in the new Digital Intake scanning initiative, the IRS has already scanned more than 120,000 paper Forms 940 since the start of 2023, this is a twenty-fold increase compared to all of 2022. This effort will expand soon to include scanning of Forms 1040 as well as Forms 941. The scanning effort is part of a multi-form, multi-solution scanning initiative known as Digital Intake."

• Like 1

That must be why  5 farms have received letters you never paid! your 943!

Including my husbands..

And after "yelling" at his accountant and threatening to change - after proving it was paid - He got a letter 2 weeks later saying they were forgiving the interest.

Nothing else - no apology, no received payment, etc..

Nice - when they thought it was our mistake!

D

My biggest biz client received a letter he didn't pay his 943 last year. The thing is, he's not a farm! (Paychex files his Forms 941 and copies us on them.) Moreover, the report that was supposedly missing was for the year that had just ended and wouldn't be due for another month. No further communication from the IRS at all, no correction letter. At least Paychex knew those erroneous letters were circulating, so I could calm down my client.

Yes, again, I do not think the IRS's right hand knows what its left hand is doing.

• Like 1