ATX Community

Preparers Info Not Transfering to Return

ILLMAS

A new client of mine brought a backup of his prior tax return, I transfered it to 2007 and I cannot get my information to appear as the preparer? I tried to override it, however it only passess the company name to the state, and not my address, federal number, PTIN etc... Does anyone know how to fix this? This return has over 30 states, so I wouldn't want to enter the information manually on each state.

I am not sure what you mean by 'tried to override it'? The thing to do is to hit the F3 key, select your name there, and it should then input you as the preparer on all the returns.

If I double click on the preparer it gives me a message that the information has been enter into the open return, then if I click view it is still blank. After many attempts I just manually input the information (override) however not all information transfer from the federal return to the states.

If I double click on the preparer it gives me a message that the information has been enter into the open return, then if I click view it is still blank. After many attempts I just manually input the information (override) however not all information transfer from the federal return to the states.

Problem solved, I had an apostrophe in the address information, I guess I might put in by accident recently, and now the info transfer to all the states.

Thanks for posting the outcome. We all get plagued by those pesky characters from time to time, the almost invisible character you hit by mistake and didn't see there and even a extra space that doesn't belong. Or, the ones you can't use in that particular software. (My address has "O'Clock" in it, so can't be used that way in many softwares, especially when I'm ordering something on line!)

I've discovered that ATX does not like my new business name ("Your Taxes & More") and the "&" has to be rendered as "and" for e-filing.

Thanks for posting the outcome. We all get plagued by those pesky characters from time to time, the almost invisible character you hit by mistake and didn't see there and even a extra space that doesn't belong. Or, the ones you can't use in that particular software. (My address has "O'Clock" in it, so can't be used that way in many softwares, especially when I'm ordering something on line!)

I'm Dollars & Sense, LLC at 73 Eleven O'Clock Road and have to monkey around until I get my name and address acceptable for different software packages, mail-order shopping/delivery, etc. Even MapQuest wants 11 OClock Rd to request directions but then gives directions using Eleven O'Clock Road. Oh, well.