ATX Community

Form 3804 (FTB) not available in ATX?

Acctgirl

ATX is refusing to do any of these PTET returns. They're trying to force you to upgrade to one of their more expensive systems. some of us are doing pay-per-return in other software that handles PTET and using ATX for everything else.

If only MD had used the existing PTE form to handle the new PTET then ATX would have handled PTET for my main state.

16 hours ago, Acctgirl said:

Am I the only one doing an S-Corp return for a client who made the PTE California payments and now struggling with ATX not having form 3804? Do we have to do this manually? Thanks

I only have a couple of CA S-Corps and Partnerships, and none of them are making the PTET election.  None of my Shareholders or Partners that I don't prepare the entity return have given me anything related to PTET either.   I am sure at some point it will come up.  Can you elaborate on what the issues are with the forms and entry?   I would like to learn from your struggles if you don't mind posting a little about the issues? 

Tom
Longview, TX

I paper file my ca return (second year ptet) because the consumer level software I use does not have this form. No real issue, other than a longer wait for a small refund.  I would rather efile of course, but the benefit of the ptet is worth it, and I did not even look for a different offering which has the form for efile.

however, if I were paying for prep, I would likely expect efile, especially if I had not planned correctly and was getting a significant refund. 

• Like 1