ATX Community

LLC Disregarded Entity question

taxit

I have a client that set up an LLC as a disregarded entity. He has income and expense to report on a Sch C. He also had the disregarded entity become a partner in a partnership and received a K-1. Can I report the K-1 income on the Sch C or will there be a matching problem with IRS? Thanks for any opinions or experience with this.

I agree with Lion. The K1 information should be reported on the Sch E, page 2. Use the K1 entry worksheet.

That is how I have entered the information. However, the client has other income and expense for the llc and I was hoping I could put it all on a Sch C. I posted because I thought if I did use Sch C for all of the income, there might be a mis-match of income since there would not be a Shc E, page 2. I will need to allocate the expenses between the Sch C and the Sch E. Thank you all for your your help.

Gary

That is how I have entered the information. However, the client has other income and expense for the llc and I was hoping I could put it all on a Sch C. I posted because I thought if I did use Sch C for all of the income, there might be a mis-match of income since there would not be a Shc E, page 2. I will need to allocate the expenses between the Sch C and the Sch E. Thank you all for your your help.

Gary

Is there any reason that you cannot put the "other" income from the LLC that is not allocated to the K1 on the Schedule C as well as the expenses? Why would there be a mismatch as the IRS knows which income is allocated to the K1, but you are on your honor for the Sch C income unless it is reported on 1099's. Also, remember that the expenses allocated to the K1 info go on the Sch E also as Unreimbursed expenses.