ATX Community

Mel in Hawaii - New tax software you promised to develop.

spiderweb

Mel in Hawaii,

Correct me if I am wrong on this, earlier this year, you promised you will look into developing a new tax software for members of this board.

what is the status of that? Since then, I haven't for sometime heard anything about it on this board.

Is this project still underway? Can you tell us where exactly you have been with this?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance...

I tried to go back and find the post where I basically said I would NOT be ready for this tax season, but it seems that I can't find it. How long do posts last on this board before they are deleted anyways?

I did not look for the post Mel, but I remember you posting that information. It wasn't long after we were sure ATX was still going to be around at least one more tax season.

I wasn't expecting you to have anything ready this tax season, and that is based on information you had posted previously.

But like many on this forum, I'm ready to invest in the project as soon as you give the word, even if the initial product isn't expected to be ready for another year, or two, or three.

I wasn't expecting you to have anything ready this tax season, and that is based on information you had posted previously.

But like many on this forum, I'm ready to invest in the project as soon as you give the word, even if the initial product isn't expected to be ready for another year, or two, or three.

DITTO!!!

Well I actually found the post. Had to look at my profile to find it though as only 3 pages of topics show in the index, so the index doesn't go back that far.

With this recession coming on, I may have all the time in the world to get the program running unfortunately. Just as long as I can keep a roof over my head and the electricity on, I should be ok though. So, I am not asking for investments at this time. The capital requiements would really come when it's time to do advertising and setting up the sales teams as word of mouth only goes so far and once sales start happening, it basically will drive and determine the size of the tech teams required.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like to have a finished (or nearly) product to show before asking people to put up their money. I just don't feel right otherwise as I want a reasonable level of certainty of success before asking people to take on risk.

Well I actually found the post. Had to look at my profile to find it though as only 3 pages of topics show in the index, so the index doesn't go back that far.

With this recession coming on, I may have all the time in the world to get the program running unfortunately. Just as long as I can keep a roof over my head and the electricity on, I should be ok though. So, I am not asking for investments at this time. The capital requiements would really come when it's time to do advertising and setting up the sales teams as word of mouth only goes so far and once sales start happening, it basically will drive and determine the size of the tech teams required.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like to have a finished (or nearly) product to show before asking people to put up their money. I just don't feel right otherwise as I want a reasonable level of certainty of success before asking people to take on risk.

Forwarding you some venture capital, may be the best investment strategy going right now. I would rather loose a couple thousand on your venture, (which I do NOT believe will happen,) than feel safe about some bond fund. Even if the return doesn't come for several years. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I tried to go back and find the post where I basically said I would NOT be ready for this tax season, but it seems that I can't find it. How long do posts last on this board before they are deleted anyways?

Any topic that hasn't had any replies in 30 days is removed from the board index, but remains in the database and must be retrieved with a search.

Mel: Your attitude about when is the appropriate time to seek people to put up money is noble and is pretty much in line with how I would approach the matter. However, let me suggest that you keep in mind that there are many of us who are willing to step up to the plate with full knowledge & acceptance of the risks if and when you decide you need some investment capital to keep the project moving along (or to accelerate development). The timing is your call, but remember that for the most part you are not dealing with novices when it comes to calculating risk vs reward.