ATX Community

Last drain time??

BCinSC

Hope everyone survived the crunch!

I have not had time to check the ATX website until now...just discovered that the last drain time was 11:00 AM this morning. I just e-filed 4 returns ( it is 6:00pm); cannot reach the clients to mail a paper copy. Has anyone had returns rejected or deemed filed late due to missing the last drain time? I know my clients want their rebate checks....UGH!

I just talked to ATX e-file support and was told there are no more drain times after 11:00AM and that returns will not be considered timely. No time to locate client and file paper return 20k tax liability. Any suggestions? In past years never had this problem. Am I the only one that missed this? -Mike-

http://www.irs.gov/taxpros/providers/artic...d=97448,00.html

April 23, 2008 - October 20, 2008 - 1 drain daily (11am local Home Submission Processing Center time)

But I called efile services, and they said we could efile until midnight if our software company accepted it. She said time goes by validated by software but atx said no paper file.

I just transmitted & mine say validated by EFC. which has always in the past meant a timely file. Now I had a piggyback NY return stuck in validated by IRS since June...& when I synchronized nothing happened. So I synchronized a few minutes ago, and it comes up rejected by EFC. recreated, & retransmitted with 4 minutes to spare if going by EDT.

I am still on the phone with customer service about another issue. I am being told that the last drain time was 11:00am yesterday but they continued to send the returns that came through beyond that time. As far as ATX is concerned they are not timely filed...but they have been transmitted and received by the IRS timely. Jamara said"that's who counts...right". She told me to wait 24-48 hours for the acceptance or rejection. At this point there's not much else I can do with my 3 returns that were transmitted yesterday afternoon and evening. I guess I'm in limbo since I can't send in a paper return if my efiled returns are really pending.

I am still on the phone with customer service about another issue. I am being told that the last drain time was 11:00am yesterday but they continued to send the returns that came through beyond that time. As far as ATX is concerned they are not timely filed...but they have been transmitted and received by the IRS timely. Jamara said"that's who counts...right". She told me to wait 24-48 hours for the acceptance or rejection. At this point there's not much else I can do with my 3 returns that were transmitted yesterday afternoon and evening. I guess I'm in limbo since I can't send in a paper return if my efiled returns are really pending.

I just received an acceptance on the return that I efiled at 4pm 10/15. The Form 9325 shows 10/16...the acknowledgement history shows validated by EFC 10/15/08 and accepted 10/16/08. This was my only one that had a balance due...so I hope we are OK.

Generally the IRS will take whatever timestamp the file center puts on the return as the filed time, but it also seems to depend upon when the returns are "batched" by the file center. That's usually when a certain # of returns are on the file center or at a certain time before each drain. So if you transmitted at say 11PM and there weren't enough returns to batch until 10:30AM today that might be late.

If you filed a return and that return was rejected you generally have 5 additional days to file and still be on time (either e-file or paper file.) So the 20th would be the final day to efile a rejected return and have it on time. Though you probably still have to transmit to ATX before sometime in the morning, so for all real purposes consider the 19th the final day.

You can end up with a return being both IRS accepted and also deemed late. So just because it was not IRS rejected does not mean it was on time.