ATX Community

IRS Phone Survey of Tax Professionals

Lee B

"Between Nov 27, 2023, and Jan 19, 2024, tax pros may be randomly selected to participate in a voluntary phone survey. This is not a scam. Please don’t hang up. Responses will help the IRS improve services to the tax pro community and the taxpayers they serve.

The survey will be conducted by ICF, an independent research firm hired by the IRS. It will take about 20 minutes to complete, and covers topics including e-filing, due diligence requirements, data security, and electronic document submission. All responses are anonymous and confidential. Tax pros will not be asked to provide any personal info about themselves or their clients

If tax pros are contacted, it will be Monday through Friday between 8:30AM - 6:30PM local time and they’ll see a Kansas City (816) area code on their caller ID."

Hopefully this result in some useful changes.🤨

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

It is well worth 20 minutes of my day to provide input to the IRS. I'm a big believer in data acquisition, and I still hang onto what little hope I have left, because being hopeless is not an option.

I only respond to surveys when I know my response is going to affect outcomes or future actions. You know, things like political surveys, Medicare Supplement signups, car warranty advisories, bank customer service follow-ups. All those things that really have an impact…

• Haha 5