ATX Community

Docusign still good?

schirallicpa

With both of your questions, I had a 2553 denied for improper signature from Verifyle who is approved by the IRS. They required a wet signature. I had this looked into by an upper level person from the IRS whom I met in a tax update class and the response was "wet signature"

For the 2848 I have had them accept a digital signature and reject a digital signature. I've not ever been successful using the online method or the account method to obtain a 2848. so again, to save headaches, I just get a wet signature and be done with it.

• Like 4

The e-signature for a 2848 also has to be approved by the taxpayer through their own online account.  Forget that! Not sure I have even one client whom I would trust to do that correctly. I have uploaded wet-signed-and-scanned 2848s to the online submission portal and had them accepted. Faster than faxing them! As far as I've ever been able to tell, Memphis CAF uses the faxed pages as paper airplanes. They don't seem ever to get them entered. I always faxed to Ogden - those at least get entered.

• Like 3