ATX Community

EFTPS for your business client

schirallicpa

16 minutes ago, schirallicpa said:

Yes - the changes to EFTPS IDme stuff has been beaten to death here.  But, let me just bring it up one more time.  Because I cannot figure out how to make a payment for a client that is a business.  When I log in it only shows my EIN and my name.  How do I add more businesses to my account?  

I here is how I do it, I go EFTPS, click on make payment, then it takes to Login.gov, my information automatically appears, I request for the code to be sent by text, I enter the code, takes me back to EFTPS website, I again click on make payment, then I enter my clients FEIN, PIN and password and I am in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ILLMAS said:

I here is how I do it, I go EFTPS, click on make payment, then it takes to Login.gov, my information automatically appears, I request for the code to be sent by text, I enter the code, takes me back to EFTPS website, I again click on make payment, then I enter my clients FEIN, PIN and password and I am in.

Exactly the same way I do it for my clients.

Are those making the deposits for others comfortable with (insured for) being in the liability chain? Meaning are you confident all is being deposited timely, no employee/contractor/reasonable comp games, etc? While the risk is likely low, it is not zero.

I am almost at the point of turning away folks who ask about “1099 employees” , paid once a year, and other suspect items. 

23 hours ago, ILLMAS said:

I do it the same way. I am confident on the timely deposit dates. For all my payroll clients, all are monthly depositors, and all deposits are made the first week of each month to avoid any timing errors. 

I just don't see where I can put in anyone else's information.  Mine is in there and I can click in and out of "make a payment" all day and it still has my info in there. 

If I log out and try to log in with another EIN, it wants a PIN and password.  My clients are not likely to have a PIN,  This is way too complicated - I'm trying to give you money, IRS.

26 minutes ago, schirallicpa said:

I just don't see where I can put in anyone else's information.  Mine is in there and I can click in and out of "make a payment" all day and it still has my info in there. 

If I log out and try to log in with another EIN, it wants a PIN and password.  My clients are not likely to have a PIN,  This is way too complicated - I'm trying to give you money, IRS.

You have to have a separate Pin and Password for each client. I have been doing this for over 15 years. Setting up an account is a bit tedious, but not not that hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schirallicpa said:

So to get this straight, you are trying to set up client accounts for the first time?

Go to the home page but do not log in.  You will see a tab to "enroll"

https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/direct/EftpsHome.page

I just did one few days ago.

• Like 1