ATX Community

Windows 11 Shutting Down (Solved)

Abby Normal

Finally bought a new computer with 11 Pro and it was shutting down when not in use. After several days of troubleshooting, I determined it was a Windows issue. Turns out it's an issue with hibernation. I never use hibernation so I opened Control Panel advanced power settings and set hibernation to never.

Don't know how often this happens, but when I first searched for solutions, I found posts from a year ago that this was a problem.

It's nice to know that Control Panel still exists with all its familiar screens, since the dumbed down Settings screen is so limited.

Yes, my Win 11 laptop does that as well.  I still prepare tax returns on Win 10, which will be updated after tax season.  My fabulous IT MAN just updated my Surface Pro, which I am planning to use more or less as a tablet, due to eye issues.  It will be interesting to see how that works out.  Have not had time to try it out as yet.