ATX Community

Crypto planning

Pacun

Save your laugh for April 15, 2025.

I am planning to transfer all (EVERYTHING) to 20 crypto coins or tokens. I must sell next year and profits will be taxed as capital gains personal level. A lot of it will be short term gains. 

Is there a way to save some in taxes if you have stock (similar to crypto) and you must sell everything in one tax year?

Current prices for potential coins or tokens:

Solana 102
QNT 103
ABT 1.8
Beam .031
Tia 16.64
Jup .50
AVT 1.82
PNG .3

I hear it’s really easy to make a small fortune trading crypto by using a simple 3-step plan  

1) Stat with a large fortune.

2) Begin trading crypto.

3) When you notice you’re down to a small fortune, stop trading. 

Sounds foolproof when you do it that way.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

From another post:

" On 4/24/2023 at 6:07 PM, Pacun said:

Her timing was bad. I have been there and the lesson has been learned but this time is different. With lesson in my favor and $50K to invest, I would buy right now the following:

100 QNT coins at $110 each = $11,000
10,000 RNDR coins at $1.75 each = $17,500
1,000 AVAX coins at $17 each = $17,000
112,500 GALA coins at .04 = $4,500

In a year and then in two years, I will check how much each coin costs and multiply by the coins "I would have bought but I didn't because I was a polo or I didn't have the money".

Expand  

I am a bit early than a year but here we go:

Based on current prices:

100 QNT at $104 = $10,400 for a loss of $600
10,000 RNDR at $7.38 = $73,800 for a profit of $56,300
1,000 AVAX at $36.89 =$36,890 for a profit of $19,890
112,500 GALA at $0.03 =$3,375 for a loss of $1,125

So:
Profit equal to: $74,465.  
As someone suggested, invest BIG, so let's say you had half of million to invest: Profit $740,465.

Another point, soon after I posted the above last year, the two founders of GALA sued each other, so at that point, I would have sold GALA and purchase another coin that might not be in huge loss. The parabolic bull run has not started but I will post in March or April next year. "

John, I like that idea of starting big, especially this year. What do you do when then bartender says "last call, this bar will be closed for ever"?

On 2/25/2024 at 9:34 AM, Pacun said:

John, I like that idea of starting big, especially this year. What do you do when then bartender says "last call, this bar will be closed for ever"?

I'd be concerned that the whiskey is watered down and that all the top-shelf bottles had been refilled with rotgut.  Next morning, while I'm still sick from the adulterated product and examining the overcharges & inflated tips on my tab, I'd come to realize that neither the bartender nor the owner will be around as I discover the fraud and have no means of restitution.  

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 10:19 AM, JohnH said:

I'd be concerned that the whiskey is watered down and that all the top-shelf bottles had been refilled with rotgut.  Next morning, while I'm still sick from the adulterated product and examining the overcharges & inflated tips on my tab, I'd come to realize that neither the bartender nor the owner will be around as I discover the fraud and have no means of restitution.  

This bar, with the bartender and all people involved will be open for good drinks again in a couple of years after you respond to the "last call". 

This is the common reaction. Next year, when I will be enjoying my drink, people will see me enjoying and they will want a drink. They will give extra money to the bartender in order to join me but at that point, the bartender will nicely take their money and serve them exactly what you are describing. TIMING is everything!!!!! The bartender has started softly saying "last call" it is up to you to order a drink now and join me and other enjoy the party. 

Why did I say for ever: because this time will be remembered as the best run ever. More runs will come, but not like this one. 

By the way, QNT and Gala above are now in profits.

Gala 

GALA $0.04471
QNT $125.42

I think I will post again on April 24th ish to follow my original plan.