ATX Community

Foreign tax credit carryforward

cpr1955

It appears that I need to check two boxes to avoid having to attach Form 1116 Schedule B to my client's return:

The e-file rejection comment shows "ForeignIncmSection951Alnd" and "ScheduleBNotRequiredInd"

had this problem last year, but 2022 all ATX asked for was an attachment.  This year the reject is different, and I doubt there are more than a handful of folks who understand all the 1116 worksheets.  But all the cases I've seen it stems from a carryover foreign tax credit.  For my own return, I just deleted the 1116 and started with a fresh copy.

I disappointed a client last year who asked me to explain what was going on with Form 1116. 

On 3/4/2024 at 6:42 PM, TexTaxToo said:

For 2023, there is a new checkbox on Form 1116, line 10, indicating that you don't need to attach Schedule B.

I have been having so much trouble with this!  How do you check the box? It won't even let me override.  It takes me to the credit Carryback/Carryforward worksheet, but I can't figure out how to check the box.

10 hours ago, joanmcq said:

Ugh, I have one that keeps rejecting too!  I've attached Sch. B and it still rejects.

How did you attach schedule B?  Last year, there was a '1116' category when you went to attach a .pdf to an efile.  This year there isn't, and for me, it doesn't like 'other'.