ATX Community

2008 tax organizer

MAMalody

I found a 2008 tax organizer on the CD that had the archieved copy of the ATX program on it. It makes no sense to me why you would make an organizer that does not have the mileage split time period on it. For those who have an internet based clientel, like me, the organizer just generates a followup e-mail or an explanation with the organizer that the clients don't read. They did the same thing a couple of years ago when we had the split year standard mileage rate. This is not rocket science.

• 5 weeks later...

>>why you would make an organizer that does not have the mileage split time period on it<<

Some tax offices might find it useful to have an early version of the organizer, but obviously it can't be complete until all the new legislation and rulings have been finalized. The IRS didn't announce the split rate until June 23.

I think we are to use last year's organizer that is generated in the 2007 Return to gather information for the 2008 Return. The 2008 organizer is for 2009. Is this right?

If we use the organizer in 2007 it seems that most of the numbers are there but the Client letter and engagement letter are for TY 2007

I can change it but why? And in my personal return "most. but not all " the numbers are present. I do not remember it being that way before. I have only been using the program 10 years,LOL

The 2008 organizer is in the 2007 ATX Progaram.

In fact both the 2007 & 2008 organizer are listed in the 2007 program.

When I printed the organizer for a certain client, it had on the Tax Organizer letter the words: "Enclosed is your Tax Organizer for tax year 2008."

In the letter to the client it had the words: "Thank you for choosing our firm to prepare your income tax return for tax year 2008."

It also gives the prior year amounts (2007) in the prior year amount column.

The 2007 ATX program is where you are to print out the client organizers as I see it.