ATX Community

Atx 2008 has arrived

taxtrio

I downloaded my 2008 copy from the ATX website and after 15 minutes I was in business. No snags, delays,eyc. All I need to do now is update online every time I open the software.

I have not installed from a cd rom since the downloads became available and with the horror stories you guys are portraying I can't see why any of you would put up with these issues.

I did receice a fedex yesterday from ATX appologizing for providiong an incorrect activation code along with the correct one to use. This may be the problem with some of your installations?

Good luck & happy holidays to all.

Mike Dubin CPA

I received mine late this afternoon and installed it a few hours ago.

It installed fine and I worked on two sample returns without a hitch.

As soon as I installed it I did a complete online update and there were quite a few to load.

If all goes as well as the installation, this year will be a good year!!

Last year, for some reason known only to CCH, they ended the install without CD, remember. So we had to do the initial install from the disk. I'm very happy that they gave us back that option this year. My disk has not arrived yet.

As for the codes, last year I installed with the code given, no problem. But later, when I needed to use the activation code to update my password, for some reason they had changed two digits of that code. Took me a long time to learn what the problem was. I hope this year they will not have that sort of problem.

I received my 2008 cd today, Friday. It came with the fulfillment confirmation slip but the installation code is missing with no explanation why. They did take the time to fill the envelope with plenty of advertisements. When I reordered this year I opted for a new option of having them bill my credit card for three payments. This was an option they added (due to their inferior servce and support last year) to intice the many customers that were not reordering their software. This summer they sent me some kind of letter saying I had a payment due NOW even though I was on an automatic withdrawal agreement, go figure. Monday I will call and listen to a salesperson read from a script on how much their service is going to improve this year and see if I can get the code over the phone. Looks like more of the same, very good ATX software, Very poor CCH customer service. I make it a point to go elsewhere for any products such as office supplies, education, total office or whatever! Perhaps someday they will fire the numbskulls in charge of customer service and hire someone who can grasp the concept that good customer service can be profitable.

I was a tad bit envious of those of you who have already received your cd so I went online and downloaded my copy. The install code was given when I ordered. All went very smoothly including the updates. I was impressed and happy. So far, so good.

Today I received the following email:

"Thank you for registering for GetWise '06, the TaxWise Fall

Seminar. Our records indicate that you are scheduled to

attend the following session:

Webinar: ATX 2008 Update: Webinar: ATX 2008 Update - December 2, 2008 @ 11AM ET on 12/2/2008

We look forward to seeing you at GetWise '06."

Do you think anyone actually read that before sending it out? First the insult of even referring to TaxWise yet again, but getting a recycled email from '06 is really bad!

Well, I'd go ahead and call support and get back into MyATX. anyway, now, because you are bound to need it next month, and it will be much easier to get a new password now than it would be if you wait until Jan when everyone is trying to get help. I recommend that you make your password end in 01. then each month, change the password to end in the month, 02 in Feb. etc. Easy to remember, and avoids the dreaded lock-out problem.