ATX Community

Anyone have an Archive CD?

carolynm

I just realized something awful. I needed to add a state to a late 2007 state return I'm preparing in Intellitax -guess what? The servers are no longer there to log into. Wonderful. I don't have an archive CD with all the state information on it. What happens if my computer crashes? I called TRX Support and they don't have anything they can give me. Oh great. If my computer crashed tomorrow, how would I access all this info -what good will a backup do if I can't reinstall the program.

Did anyone get an archive release or at least a late release later in the season of Intellitax?

Thanks

Carolyn

I have used intellitax this year but so far not received any archive cd.

Try tools, options, autometic updates, select component and u will see the state list. check mark the

state and do update and see if download the state you need.

Other then this I don't know whae else to do.

Hope this helps. Hapyy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!

B Jani

I just realized something awful. I needed to add a state to a late 2007 state return I'm preparing in Intellitax -guess what? The servers are no longer there to log into. Wonderful. I don't have an archive CD with all the state information on it. What happens if my computer crashes? I called TRX Support and they don't have anything they can give me. Oh great. If my computer crashed tomorrow, how would I access all this info -what good will a backup do if I can't reinstall the program.

Did anyone get an archive release or at least a late release later in the season of Intellitax?

Thanks

Carolyn

Carolyn, If worse comes to worse, why don't convert your old returns to Taxwise and then add the state to the Taxwise return.

I hop e you do not have to do that to any previous years. If you have to amend do it manually. Heavens forbid! I notice on the TRX website that you can go back to 2006. You could print out the state return since you will have to mail it at this late date.

The latest federal update I have is 1.16. What state do you need?

Don

I need Iowa.

Can't help you on that one.

And on another note -is there a way to back up the state software to a cd or something?

Assuming you have your original install disk, if you back up the contents of the X:\TRX\2007\TRX PRO\Updates folder you will be able to restore your software and all updates and states that you have downloaded. (where X: is the drive you selected for your data storage.)

The initial install CD is basically worthless without the updates. As far as I know IntelliTax never sent out archive CDs unless you specifically asked your sales person for one. Since it was available on the website or by calling support for something like 10 years prior it wasn't a big deal. I don't know if TRX sent out something more in prior years or not.

Really the safest bet is to get prior year TaxWise software and do any amendments or returns in that, as the support for IntelliTax just doesn't look very good.

What you might consider doing for all your IntelliTax returns in prior years is to print all of them to PDF, including worksheets (depreciation, etc.) The PDF archive at least doesn't depend on specific software and odds are you're not going to find prior year IntelliTax software easily. And if it breaks you're SOL.