ATX Community

Investment log book binding/printing

Pacun

I have purchased a few stock logs booklets and they have extra columns that I don't use. I want something simple like:

Date purchased - Date sold - stock name - amount of stock - price purchased - total cost - price sold - amount collected - Profit/loss and notes.

Do you know of any company that can make me those booklets? 

I'm at a loss why someone would want to track this manually rather than on a spreadsheet, but some options:

In Amazon search for trading log book for numerous options.

If you use comb binding for tax returns, make your own.

Google custom book binding for any number of companies that offer that service.

• Like 5

An office support place like Staples or Kinkos, or a local stationer, can make those for you in whatever format you want. Talk to a local shop to see what format they want you to provide, and about options. 

Hubby needed some specific type of scorebooks that were commercially available 30+ years ago but not for a long time. He took an old one to a local place, asked "can you make me more of these?" and they could not only make them, they gave him the choice of glue-bound or spiral-bound, paper color, page count per book, quantity, etc - all for what he considered to be a VERY reasonable price.

• Like 4

Isn't that what Excel does, with speed and accuracy?  I know, sometimes it feels like you're more connected with your finances when you interact with them manually.  I still keep a paper checkbook register and balance it almost monthly (tax season doesn't count).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Catherine said:

An office support place like Staples or Kinkos, or a local stationer, can make those for you in whatever format you want. Talk to a local shop to see what format they want you to provide, and about options. 

Hubby needed some specific type of scorebooks that were commercially available 30+ years ago but not for a long time. He took an old one to a local place, asked "can you make me more of these?" and they could not only make them, they gave him the choice of glue-bound or spiral-bound, paper color, page count per book, quantity, etc - all for what he considered to be a VERY reasonable price.

The smell and sounds of a printer is one of those favorite things for me. We had a printer really close to our office back in the 90's and I was the lackey who would get sent over to have something printed and loved that smell. Only thing better is a barn.

• Like 3

A spreadsheet can be created at any point and during an audit, it might leave an aroma. 

Paper records, along with a couple of pictures sent to your email every 6 months will not be challenged. 

Thank you for your suggestions and going to my local store sounds excellent. 

• Like 2