ATX Community

Is ATX PRS Package worth it or does anyone have ideas for software after retirement

I don't know if anyone on here is mainly retired, except for immediate family and self. My consultant sent me a PRS package for $799. I'm not even sure what all it includes. I will have to call him. I don't even know what else is out there yet. I am not getting paid, I just don't want to force my family to a big box place. I had forgotten that I still will have my C Corp to prepare, but most of the family will be fairly simple. I will probably keep the Corporation open until the statute of limitations is over with tail insurance. I am hoping that I can just paper file it in the future, because it won't have any income. I wasn't even going to think about this until after I got more caught up.

I decided today that I am going to get a full knee replacement in 11 weeks so I had better get my work done. My ortho said today that I am in so much pain because my knee has so much bone on bone and that he cut out so much of my miniscus to repair it that I lost a lot of my knee support. I could not figure out why my knee kept feeling like my shin was breaking below it and I miss being active. I worked out every day until this mess happened. I know that PT will be tough, but it's better than continuing cortisone shots and not improving. 

If any one has retirement tips, please pass them on. I will be calling the state board to see about turning my permit inactive (just in case this is a big mistake and I can't find a part time job in Colorado that will get me out of the much smaller condo.)

Thanks!

Bonnie

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I buy the 1040 package for family and friends. It costs about 1,000 and you can do up to 75 1040 forms at no extra charge with up to 3 states.

Entity returns are about 75 each extra.

I charge for some of the returns I do and that ends up being more than the cost of the software.

• Like 5

I am keeping the full MAX for one more year at least.  My husband and son are a Partnership and I am still training my assistant.  I haven't found anything else that would fill all of my needs right now, although I want to start cutting back.  I thought that the full Tax Act was enticing, but not enough of a savings to justify the stress and worry of learning a new program.  I am getting tired, but hate to waste my knowledge.  Family and friends are being wrapped up now after the rush is over (including my own).  It's been a pleasure working with all of you.

• Like 1

Just give you a comparison, I have used Drake PPR for the last 2 years.

For the 2024 tax season it will cost $350, which includes 10 personal returns.

Additional personal returns are $40 and additional business returns are $60.

• Like 2

In addition, I like the three licenses from Max as I have two locations that I can work from and one license on another computer for my assistant.

As for this year, we have some really complicated returns who have not gotten all their information in yet.  I am taking next week totally off.

• Like 1