ATX Community

Online Account Manager Services?

taxtoddnyc

I received an email from ATX this week Re: Online Acct. Mgr. Svcs. (for processing credit card payments payments via the internet). I haven't bothered with credit cards in the past due to expense and equipment hassles, but this looks like a fairly priced option, especially for collecting payments from my many out-of-town clients. Can anyone relate any experiences, good or bad, with this service? Thanks much!

Here's what the PayPal website says>

* Low transaction fees 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD

* No monthly, set-up, or cancellation fees

* Get paid by anyone . even by customers without a PayPal account

* Accept credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal See demo.

I'm not trying to sell it, just indicating there are alternatives. I believe you can set PayPal and ProPay up on your website also.

Here's what the PayPal website says>

* Low transaction fees 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD

* No monthly, set-up, or cancellation fees

* Get paid by anyone . even by customers without a PayPal account

* Accept credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, and PayPal See demo.

I'm not trying to sell it, just indicating there are alternatives. I believe you can set PayPal and ProPay up on your website also.

I have a PayPal button on my web site for a year, and I have had exactly one person use it. At that rate of use, it sure wouldn't be worth it to me to pay $12/month plus all the other fees. The PayPal feature lets me take the (very) occasional credit card payment without spending more in yearly mandatory fees than I'd get in the entire year from users. I recommend it in similar circumstances.

I have heard of instances of folks having real trouble trying to get resolution of problems through PayPal. So if you anticipate a lot of usage, it might not be worth the risk.

Catherine

Thanks for your opinions... I'll certainly look into PayPal & ProPay for this type of service. The $12/mo. fee was the only off-putting aspect of signing up for the ATX version. As I said, I serve more than a few out-of-towners, so was looking for an alternative to waiting for that check to arrive in the mail.

I've been taking credit cards via QB. As a ProAdvisor, I get discounts on their published fees. Easy and machine not necessary. I like being able to take a client's card info over the telephone and get paid. Worth the expense to not wait for a check in the mail or drive to the bank to deposit checks. Clients forget to bring their checkbooks, but everyone has a credit card.