ATX Community

Runing ATX database Via Internet from Multiple Offices

joelgilb

Has anyone tried to network ATX across multiple sites via the internet? I will be having at least one person working from a home office this year and want to give them access to the same data files.

Thought of using a Terminal Server if there is no other way, but your thoughts would be appeciated.

Has anyone tried to network ATX across multiple sites via the internet? I will be having at least one person working from a home office this year and want to give them access to the same data files.

Thought of using a Terminal Server if there is no other way, but your thoughts would be appeciated.

Yes i have been doing it for 5 years. we use a citrix server. cost about 6k for hardware and install. All i know is it works buy not how it works.

phil

I am not IT expert, but could you not also do it by having the person use one of the software programs that lets them use a computer at your office like it was their desktop? I know there are some out there, I just can't think of any of them right now. :blush:

We are using LogMein and works good. you can also use GotomyPC.

Devm

I am not IT expert, but could you not also do it by having the person use one of the software programs that lets them use a computer at your office like it was their desktop? I know there are some out there, I just can't think of any of them right now. :blush:

Have MIONET (similar to LogMein and Go to My PC, but more sophisticated options) and , but for server type applications it is too slow, also I requires that one person control the server. Need a reasonable priced solution that let's everyone be able to tunnel in through a terminal type server.

Citrix Server at 6K is to pricey.

Yes i have been doing it for 5 years. we use a citrix server. cost about 6k for hardware and install. All i know is it works buy not how it works.

phil

Ok I understand you are not sure how it works, but I sort of do. My question to you though is this:

Does it allow the outside office personnel access the same database? Or does it treat them as a part of the internal network.

For example:

When using with QuickBooks (qb), the outside personnel are able to access the file, even if they do not have a multi-user version of qb. This will lock the file without a multi-user license (or should I say multiple licenses) but it does people offsite to access the file.

So, is your ATX using the additional network licenses?