ATX Community

ATX Arrived vis FedEx

Lion EA

A copy of ATX just arrived via FedEx. However, I did not use ATX last tax season. So, why are TaxWise users complaining that they haven't received their copies when ATX has time to deliver to us non-users?! Why aren't they putting paying customers first?

I got my software last week. I also got it again yesterday. I went to my CC company to make sure they didn't charge me twice. Plus the thing is, I didn't even use the disk. I downloaded it off the website.

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for ATX for the upcoming tax season.

(Still ticked off that I didn't get a toaster oven, but they did enter me in the latest drawing, which I'd forgotten about until the rep mentioned it. If I win, I promise to give 20% to my church and 10% to Eric in addition to what I regularly contribute toward this Forum)

Anyhow, my disk arrived today and I noticed it had a Dec 4 ship date on it. I think they did the same thing last year - the disk doesn't do you any good unless you have the unlock codes, so sending the disk is a no-risk tactic. I've complained about their inept marketing in some other situations, but I give them credit for being smart in sending out the disks regardless of whether you've re-upped or not. They have nothing to lose beyond a couple of dollars in freight charges, and it will spur some people to get off the dime and do something. And, as Chad pointed out, the disk really isn't even necessary except for people who can't or won't download.

I renewed A week ago Monday and notified them of my new business address. The lady said she would change the record but to be on the safe side I should fax a signed statement, which I did, to a particular number to ensure that the records would be changed.

Of course you know what happened. Friday afternoon I get a call from FedEx asking for my new address!

taxbilly