ATX Community

I Am Here To Help - Let Me Introduce Myself

As Eric has said, we now have a new forum for VMSUS related material. I have posted a topic on our CONTEST we are running at this time where you could win up to $500 off your order! Find that post by clicking [ here ]!

If you would like to go directly to our new forum, click [ here ]!

Thanks to all who have called in/signed up thus far.

• 4 weeks later...

Kyle....I had to bite the bullet and get a new computer this season....I will have it in a few weeks. Unfortunately, with the employee purchase plan I am using (HUGE discount), Windows XP is not an option....only Vista 64bit.......I am reluctant because of the many problems I have heard about. If I have issues, could you help me?

I sure can Janitor Bob! Our technicians deal with many users that have Vista 64bit. If you should come across anything that seems funny, or you know something is just not right, give me a call. Keep in mind, we can also help you with setting up the new computer and getting everything up and going again. We would take care of all aspects.

I sure can Janitor Bob! Our technicians deal with many users that have Vista 64bit. If you should come across anything that seems funny, or you know something is just not right, give me a call. Keep in mind, we can also help you with setting up the new computer and getting everything up and going again. We would take care of all aspects.

I am pretty handy at computers stuff....but I am concerned with ATX compatibily issues.....At this time of year, no other issues matter except ones involving the ATX software and any hardware issues that prohibit the tax preparation and printing/e-filing process.

I will be setting this thing up at a VERY busy time and cannot afford to have current and/or past tax years not print properly....If I have even a hint of trouble, I will call you.....Is there a particular phone number? Any idea what this would cost me?

You can reach me at the phone number below - (877)867-8790 ext. 1041 - or, when the person answers you can ask for Kyle. As far as pricing goes, it depends on how many computers. If you need help on the one computer, it is only $199. That gives you unlimited support on anything computer related for a full year. Two computers would be $398, Three for $500, Four $650 and so on. I'm always in the office Mon thru Fri 8AM - 5PM EST. I always check email and ATX Community posts - so if you need help on those off hours, just message me and I can always come back. I live within walking distance of the office, so it's nothing for me to get here.

As a side note: I may be going to New Mexico from Jan 21 to Jan 25. I will be unavailable during those dates.

Bob, you're gonna love these guys. Probably already know some from their old ATX days. Call Kyle to discuss your needs. Like you say, even if you can do it yourself, you don't have time during the season. I talked to Kyle and got set up with support plus off-site automatic backups. Then Susan solved my printing problem. At a time that was convenient for me, Thomas set me up for the backups, got things going to my external drive, also, worked on a restore to previous set point issue and taught me about defragging. Then he called me to set an appointment to make sure my computer was clean and at peak performance going into tax season; he checked on the previous restore issue, on Norton, installed a spyware program, set up automatic scans by everything, answered questions, etc. I've had hours and hours of service, all for $199, and have a year to go! And, they're around 24/7 during tax season. It's a bargain.

Do you guys have any employees well versed in Mac & PC issues, such as using Parallels on a Mac to run PC programs? I have a client that just went that route, but the PC support says they can't deal with their programs on a Mac and Mac support says they can't deal with Parallels -- which they sold. He's taking a course and learning many tips and tricks and work arounds, but can't move some of his sent mail in Outlook onto his Mac. He's also trying to be able to send documents, slide shows, etc., that he creates on the Mac to potential clients no matter what they computer they use.

Unfortunately, William is not currently with us. He and another fellow ATXer went off and created their own Publishing Company. They are publishing children's stories and other works from authors around the area. You are the 2nd person this week that has asked me about him - I do see him around occasionally, so when I do, I'll let him know everyone is wondering where he went.

Thanks Elrod.

You can add my name, Granny Coral, to that list of 'Friends of William'. What a guy. He got me through several tax seasons. Glad to hear he is doing well.

Do you guys have any employees well versed in Mac & PC issues, such as using Parallels on a Mac to run PC programs? I have a client that just went that route, but the PC support says they can't deal with their programs on a Mac and Mac support says they can't deal with Parallels -- which they sold. He's taking a course and learning many tips and tricks and work arounds, but can't move some of his sent mail in Outlook onto his Mac. He's also trying to be able to send documents, slide shows, etc., that he creates on the Mac to potential clients no matter what they computer they use.

Unfortunately at this time, we do not support Mac PC's either, but that is not to say we don't have anyone who may know how to do that. I'll check with a couple techs here to see if they have any experience with what you mentioned. Either way, I'll let you know. Thanks Lion!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx, Kyle. One of my clients is new to Mac. As well as his own new laptop, he's hired a new employee/maybe it's a contractor who also has a Mac laptop running parallels. Client has had difficulty moving his old Outlook Sent e-mail; newbie has had difficulty sending e-mail. If you think you have a good Mac/PC person, I'll have him talk to you about a VMS contract.

• 4 months later...