ATX Community

1040 EF, when available?

Granny Coral

Am I the only one waiting for this form to be released? I can't prepare for eFiling until I get it, so I am sitting here with a half dozen or more waiting for me to fill in their bank info for their refund. Cannot do anything more until I get that form.

Am I just being impatient? I am sure we had it much earlier last year and the years before.

Granny Coral

I am still waiting also. I was just going to post to see if I was the only one. There is a KB about the Masters file being corrupt etc. but I can't find the masters file in 2008.

Anyway, does anyone have the approved 1040 EF Info? Since we can't E-file until 1/16/09 maybe it isn't being released until later. I can't even find on MyATX where it is scheduled.

Any information would be appreciated.

Karen

According to MYATX site, the 1040 series has been approved for e-file, however the estimated release date is 1/15. Check back on Thursday and it should be available then.

They usually do not release the e-file info form until then so that we don't prematurely send them returns that have to sit there and waite till the can begin processing them to IRS.

Hope this helps!

Deb!

According to MYATX site, the 1040 series has been approved for e-file, however the estimated release date is 1/15. Check back on Thursday and it should be available then.

They usually do not release the e-file info form until then so that we don't prematurely send them returns that have to sit there and waite till the can begin processing them to IRS.

Hope this helps!

Deb!

That is probably true but it sure puts us in a bind when our client's files are only partly ready because they lack the direct deposit info that can only be put on through that form. So here we sit and wait.

They use to let us at least get them ready and just kept us from transmitting them until ATX was ready.

Ok, I'll stop gritching and atleast thank you for answering my question.

Thanks Deb!!!

Granny Coral

I know other software lets people transmit returns sooner and then just "stores" them til the IRS is ready. I think storefront stores operate the same, get it onto a file center and then once the IRS is ready they "flood" the IRS with returns. The downside for software companies is in product training - get people transmitting early and if they're doing a RAL they want to know why the heck it isn't in yet when the IRS isn't even processing returns for a week. Where if you prevent the EF in the first place it makes annoyances for people who want to use it the way it could be but eliminates the complaints of return status inquiries before EF is even open.

I know other software lets people transmit returns sooner and then just "stores" them til the IRS is ready. I think storefront stores operate the same, get it onto a file center and then once the IRS is ready they "flood" the IRS with returns. The downside for software companies is in product training - get people transmitting early and if they're doing a RAL they want to know why the heck it isn't in yet when the IRS isn't even processing returns for a week. Where if you prevent the EF in the first place it makes annoyances for people who want to use it the way it could be but eliminates the complaints of return status inquiries before EF is even open.

My memory is a little bit foggy, but I believe we were able to do just that last year. The problem as I remember it was that they had so many, quite a few got caught in the system, and we screamed and yelled about their lack in being able to transmit and get acks back for us. So I believe this year they are trying to prevent that by not allowing us to complete anything doing with e-file until everyone is ready to begin processing.

Deb!

1040 EF is now available.

taxbilly

It may be ready but it has caused a glitch on my program. I created several (5 in fact) efiles but when I clicked on the eFile Tab to make sure they were all marked 'created' and I get this weird message saying:

Message Failed to Load

Program is unable to continue because an error occurred while attempting to display message.

Key Service/Enrolment Prompt

Error: object variable --with Block variable not set.

Please contact Customer Service.

Well, fine but then it pitches me right out of the program and shuts it down. I reopened and tried updating but it didn't correct it and I have been restarting the program all day trying to get it to clear up, to no avail.

Yes, I will try calling in the morning since I can't get that darn MyATX to accept my password no matter what....

so I can not even send them an email question. What a bummer.

Any suggestions besides just praying and hoping for the best?

When I first installed my program I had a problem and called tech support who asked me if I got your specific error message, but I couldn't even get to the point were you are at. The problem I had was with the NET Framework 2.0. He helped me get this problem fixed and everything seems fine now!

What puzzles me about yours however, is that this problem just showed itself. Mine was right from the start, the very first time I tried opening the program.

Deb!

When I first installed my program I had a problem and called tech support who asked me if I got your specific error message, but I couldn't even get to the point were you are at. The problem I had was with the NET Framework 2.0. He helped me get this problem fixed and everything seems fine now!

What puzzles me about yours however, is that this problem just showed itself. Mine was right from the start, the very first time I tried opening the program.

Deb!

I don't have anything called NET Framework 2.0 on my computer as far as I know. The problem showed itself the first time I tried to click on the eFile Folder Tab after I had prepared them and went to make sure they were ready to transmit. I do see that they are all indicating 'created' (that is in the background behind a smaller window with that Error Message). And all I get is a busy signal at ATX. I will keep trying...I must.

Granny Coral

I don't have anything called NET Framework 2.0 on my computer as far as I know. The problem showed itself the first time I tried to click on the eFile Folder Tab after I had prepared them and went to make sure they were ready to transmit. I do see that they are all indicating 'created' (that is in the background behind a smaller window with that Error Message). And all I get is a busy signal at ATX. I will keep trying...I must.

Granny Coral

Go to control panel, add install programs and check to see if you have this program. If you do not that is what the problem is all about. You must have this program to use ATX this year. If you do not have this problem you will need to contact support, and in just a matter of minutes they should have you up and running.

Deb!

Go to control panel, add install programs and check to see if you have this program. If you do not that is what the problem is all about. You must have this program to use ATX this year. If you do not have this problem you will need to contact support, and in just a matter of minutes they should have you up and running.

Deb!

Deb, you are wonderful. It is not there and neither is ATX 2008 products altho I have three precious years listed on there. Strange that I have been using the program and it shows up just fine on my Start up and also as a shortcut on my Desktop.

Curious.

I am not computer literate enough to dare to try adding the program again using the CD. I'd probably mess things up worse.

Granny Coral who keeps redialing ATX Customer Support...busy, busy signal...

This is what you need, I think--Knowledge Base doc ID 26879

Document ID 26879

Tax Year 2008

Product TaxPrep

"An update problem has caused incompatible..." when opening program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You receive the following message when opening ATX:

An update problem has caused incompatible file versions to be installed and the program cannot continue until corrected. A new update is now available to correct the problem. Click Update to install the new versions.

After updating, you receive the following message when selecting the E-File Manager:

The program is unable to continue because an error occurred while attempting to display a message.

Key: ServiceEnrollmentPrompt

Error: Object variable or With block variable not set

Please contact Customer Service.

This problem can occur when Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 does not install correctly, or Microsoft .NET Framework is missing, outdated, or the incorrect version.

To correct this problem, install Microsoft .NET Framework 2,0, and then reinstall your ATX software.

To manually install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

Right-click your Start button and then click Explore.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\ATX2008\Netsetup\System (if your ATX software was not installed to the default location, adjust the path accordingly).

Double-click dotnetfx.exe.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. You must restart your computer once installation is complete.

Reinstall your ATX software. Refer to Document ID: 14660 for instructions.

You are now able to open your ATX software without receiving this message.

If the above does not correct the problem, it can also occur when the ATXMSG.DLL file has not been registered. To correct this problem, you must register this file.

To register ATXMSG.DLL

Right-click the Start button and then click Explore.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\ATX\2008.

Right-click the ATXMSG.DLL file and then click Cut.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\ATX2008\NewFiles (If you installed your ATX program to a location other than the default, adjust the path accordingly).

On the Edit menu, click Paste.

Start your ATX program.

You are now able to start ATX without receiving this message.

If you still receive this message, contact ATX customer service at (800) 638-8291 or submit your request for support via our E-Mail Customer Service feature at www.atxinc.com/atxers/support/submitaquestion.aspx.

Last Modified on 12/05/2008 01:56:40 PM

I wasn't able to do it from this set of instructions as that file was never loaded originally on my computer. I had to insert the disk into the machine and navigate to it through my computer. It didn't take long to install but I would have never been able to do it without the help from support. I tried this document first, but the tech guy said they had been taught the other way by going directly to the CD.

On one of my computers I installed the netframework thing directly from Microsoft before installing the program and this also worked fine. All I know is that unless the program is installed you will have problems with ATX. This is the first year it was designed that way but the tech guy told me it is a must to have it installed on your computer.

Deb!

Thanks to all for help on this issue. A very nice tech named Ashley spent an hour and twenty minutes walking me through and helping me completely revamp my program and it is running smoothly now. In fact I was able to transmit 9 eFiles and clear the decks ready for the next batch tomorrow.

It was a case that the .NET something or other was missing originally on my computer. And I can only say my wait on the phone for tech support just getting to Ashley was well worth it. She was knowledgeable as to the problem and a joy to visit with while we waited for my computer to load in all the stuff it needed to come to this final out come.

Be sure to tell your Sales person/whoever next time you talk to them about how awesome Ashley was. A lot of the time temp employees become perm employees through that sort of thing.

I will definitely do that. If you ever need help I hope you get her. She says she loves her job helping people. They really have a gem in her. :D

My experience this year with tech support has likewise been worth what ever wait I had. Fortuntely I only have had to call twice, the first time it took less than 30 minutes to get me up and running. The second time it took around 4 hours, but it ultimately was traced back to an issue with my laptop. What was so neat about that experience is that I was promised a call back because I had to leave for an appointment, I was asked about a time convenient for me which was two days later, and lo and behold I got my call back, and the problem was easily found that time around.

I really have nothing but praise for ATX this year. They really have stepped up their support over last year.

Deb!