ATX Community

GRRRRRR - Waiting on Form 8582

BulldogTom

Status = Draft In Progress

This client always gets everything to us in a hurry. Wants his refund. Has a bank product. I am sitting on this waiting for the stupid passive activity form.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr @ ATX. I can't remember waiting for this form in the past. It is not like it has changed much over the years.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Tom

Lodi, CA

OK OK alright already. I did it. I sent them a suggestion that they get off their @$$ and get my form so I can make some money off this client!

Not really, I politely asked for an update on the status of the form, noting that it did not change from last year.

Happy now KC.

We will see what comes of this.

Tom

Lodi, cA

For KC. The suggestion box gave me a reply. They say the 2008 version of the form has not yet been released by the IRS. Their hands are tied.

Anyone from another software have the same issue? I would like to check up on ATX and see if they are blowing smoke or if this is really the case.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom & JRS - TRX Alliance also has a free forum set up similar to this one. One suggestion is that you could go over there and post the question just asking if anyone else knows if it's available and they'd be able to help you out. The link to the forum is :

http://community.trxpro.com

Out of curiosity I checked it out, pretty lonely over there!

Deb!

Double GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr at ATX. Called this morning. A very pleasant young lady named Stephanie let me know that "they have no word on when the CA acks will start being accepted, but I could call the state of CA and ask them myself."

Isn't that just helpful. We should call CA and find out why they are not talking to ATX?

If it indeed is CA's fault (and it very well could be) they should know this. They just don't know squat at the support center.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Tom

lodi, CA

For KC. The suggestion box gave me a reply. They say the 2008 version of the form has not yet been released by the IRS. Their hands are tied.

Anyone from another software have the same issue? I would like to check up on ATX and see if they are blowing smoke or if this is really the case.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Well, I checked on it after responding to your post, and the IRS does not show it as available yet. I have no idea why they are being slow with it, but clearly, the software can not provide it until the IRS lets them.