ATX Community

will the IRS figure credit if you missed it....oops

schirallicpa

Return already e-filed. (Can't wait til they develop the un-efile button.)

Client now mentions that they didn't get the 1200 stimulus they expected. Should they get more now.

I check - yep.....they should get more.

Now, do I amend the return to tell the IRS info they already have. Will they generate the additional credit automatically? Does anyone trust the IRS to do so?

And whats with the 1040 x still in draft!!!

It seems we really have to be doing the research this year, or become great mind-readers.

Between "did you get your stimulus?"

"huh?"

"how much?"

"don't remember"

"did you pay your real estate tax"

"huh?"

"how much?"

"don't remember",

and here in NYS, "did you get your STAR rebate?"

"huh?"

"how much?"

"Don't remember that either."

I'm not charging enough!

One component of issue with at least a partial "easement", i.e., to make it easier for ME and to remind me.....

With multi-tab capability with both MS IE and Firefox, I set a tab for checking last year's stimulus payment --

https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/irfof/IRServlet?ap...lectLanguage=en

and do it for every client and put a copy of page into client's file (and their copy of the return.).

Establish the tab and then "tools" "internet options" "general" and "use current."

When I open MS IE, which is part of my start-up, that tab is there........waiting........seeing that tab often enough has been a good reminder to "check on it" i.e., get the info "from the horse's mouth!"

The day before my clients' appointments I do some homework and print out the filer's info sheet, the dependents sheet and the stimulus payment sheet from the IRS. I also look up the RE taxes paid on the county website for those who won't have enough to itemize. That way I don't have to depend on the client to give me the info. I've only had about 10% of my clients bring me their stimulus letter.

taxbilly

Anyone going to answer the OP's original question? My guess is that the IRS will calculate the credit automatically. That is why we are seeing refund delays, as they are doing it manually if the RRC is not listed correctly on the return.

So your client should see the extra $$$.

You're right the IRS is calculating the credit and we are seeing refund delays, as you said clients will see extra $$$.

We can use the option "Check IRS Refund Status" under Support and Web Sites. :rolleyes: