ATX Community

Still problems with 2005 program

joanmcq

Ok, I bought 1040 Office which is supposed to have all states, but when I put in a new 2005 return, it prompted me to use PRS for the state return. I did, because it was the weekend and tech support was closed. See other post below, where I determined I was supposed to have all 50 states. Finally called up tech support at 6:30 am my time since they aren't open by the time I get home from work. They had me reload the program and put in a new program code. I installed all states. So I try to amend this return I proforma'd that made me use PRS to get the VA form. Still prompts me to use another PRS return. So I delete the state return and re-add it. Adds just fine. Try to amend, it prompts me to use a PRS return. I'm starting to get pissed. So for fun, I try to add a VT return; that adds fine. So either I have to proforma the entire thing again, and add the changes wrought by the CP2000 she got so I can do the amendment (need to do state and fed). Tried to just add the 1040X, but it isn't calculating correctly if I do that.

I'm just trying to amend fed to change from single to HOH, and amend VA to account for additional income from CP2000 notice client got and change from single to HOH. Anyone have any ideas? I'd call sales and ask them to reinstate the damn PRS returns, but THEY'RE CLOSED!!!!!!

Don't we have a smiley that is pulling its hair out?

I think this is the one you need...... :angry:

Or maybe :wacko:

I thought Monkeyman, you know, the ATX employee, said he was here to help with program problems, well here is a program problem and where is he? Oh, I found him...he's on another thread being proud of the staff again.

I thought Monkeyman, you know, the ATX employee, said he was here to help with program problems, well here is a program problem and where is he? Oh, I found him...he's on another thread being proud of the staff again.

After typing my reply to Joan, and submitting, I saw this post. I didn't refresh the site before doing so, and missed it.

Sheesh, Mr.Duxbury, give me a few minutes. I replied to Joan before shutting my machine down and going to bed. What else do you want? I have other things to do at this hour. Do you demand answers within 30 minutes of every "unofficial" website you visit?

It's after 11 PM EST, and I have a young family and household to attend to (one that is to be extended by the weekend :) ).

I have hundreds of reasons to be proud of "the staff". You and others know this firsthand.

I am confused by the offensive nature of your post, and apologize if I have ever made you angry in any way.

Monkeyman

Ok, I bought 1040 Office which is supposed to have all states, but when I put in a new 2005 return, it prompted me to use PRS for the state return. I did, because it was the weekend and tech support was closed. See other post below, where I determined I was supposed to have all 50 states. Finally called up tech support at 6:30 am my time since they aren't open by the time I get home from work. They had me reload the program and put in a new program code. I installed all states. So I try to amend this return I proforma'd that made me use PRS to get the VA form. Still prompts me to use another PRS return. So I delete the state return and re-add it. Adds just fine. Try to amend, it prompts me to use a PRS return. I'm starting to get pissed. So for fun, I try to add a VT return; that adds fine. So either I have to proforma the entire thing again, and add the changes wrought by the CP2000 she got so I can do the amendment (need to do state and fed). Tried to just add the 1040X, but it isn't calculating correctly if I do that.

I'm just trying to amend fed to change from single to HOH, and amend VA to account for additional income from CP2000 notice client got and change from single to HOH. Anyone have any ideas? I'd call sales and ask them to reinstate the damn PRS returns, but THEY'RE CLOSED!!!!!!

Don't we have a smiley that is pulling its hair out?

Joan, VA doesn't have a separate form for amending their return - you use the same form and mark it as amended. If the VA return is adding, you are probably ok to amend. If I have totally missed your point, I apologize, but if I can help with your VA return just let me know.

You will have to work a little extra but I would file a 1040 correctly (including the income missed originally and the status). Then I would print Virginia form an make sure the amend box is checked. Then I would open 1040X and make it appear as original filed and the left column.