ATX Community

Ohio SD-100 efile?

Margaret CPA in OH

I am hoping that the SD-100 will go along but last year I checked the forms that were efiled with the Ohio return and the SD-100 was not on it. When I create an efile (not completely as I never truly create until I input the date signed), the only options are federal and Ohio as piggyback. But since the SD takes OH AGI, is it automatically included? Thanks!

Thanks, but I would still like to know for sure if, when efiled whether with a refund or amount due, it shows on the efiled forms tab as an efiled form. Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and try it!

At the bottom of the Payment and Refund page of the Ohio Efile Info there's a section showing the refund and amount owed and the payment/refund options. It transmits as part of the OH return and can't be sent by itself.

Thanks, I knew that. There is also a tab that says "E-Filed Forms" on the far right. My question is still, "Does it show in the Ohio efile tab for forms efiled this year?" I am not super diligent in checking that tab on either the federal "1040 EF Info" or the Ohio "OH EF Info" and I have few clients with school district returns. I have always printed them for mailing. I just would like to know that, if efiled, it does show as efiled on the "OH EF Info" tab, E-Filed Forms. If anyone has actually witnessed this phenomenon...

Just to pass along - I contacted Karen Fisk about this particular client. She said the SD 100 is considered an attachment to the IT 1040 and, yes, this client's SD 100 was received. It doesn't show on the OH efiled forms, though. Kinda makes me a bit nervous to have no positive confirmation of receipt...

Not sure about this year...but last year, per State of Ohio, you could NOT e-file non-resident or part-year resident SD-100.....but ATX would allow it...what would happen is the part-year resident SD-100 would be e-filed along with the IT-1040....but the part-year or non-resident credit would NOT be included.....so I had a few part-year and non-residents that received notices of balance due because what was e-filed to Ohio did not include the adjustment for part-year.....Caused big problems and had to re-send all of clients SD-100s by paper along with letters of explanation.

Not sure about this year...but last year, per State of Ohio, you could NOT e-file non-resident or part-year resident SD-100.....but ATX would allow it...what would happen is the part-year resident SD-100 would be e-filed along with the IT-1040....but the part-year or non-resident credit would NOT be included.....so I had a few part-year and non-residents that received notices of balance due because what was e-filed to Ohio did not include the adjustment for part-year.....Caused big problems and had to re-send all of clients SD-100s by paper along with letters of explanation.

JB, I had "heard somewhere" (no, not from a client), that OH was not accepting any py or non-resident SD returns this year. I have one client from 2 years ago that had a py OH return, done correctly and now they (OH) are still arguing about it. They want an amended return, how the heck do you amend a correct return? Oh, and they also want a copy of the SC return. All this over 80 bucks.

AnnieR