ATX Community

State Tax Withheld

Dan

I am working on a client's return. The client received a 1099R as a result of a Colorado Pera plan. The client lives in Oklahoma. The 1099R has $18.00 listed in box 10 (State Tax withheld). In box 11 it has as the State, (OK) listed. When I look at the Oklahoma Return (Form 511, line 23 "Oklahoma withholding") I don't see this $18 entered. Why is this happening?

Has anyone had this same problem? What did you do about it?

Thanks for your responses!!!!

I am guessing you have to put in the state income (even though that box on the 1099R is blank).

I am working on a client's return. The client received a 1099R as a result of a Colorado Pera plan. The client lives in Oklahoma. The 1099R has $18.00 listed in box 10 (State Tax withheld). In box 11 it has as the State, (OK) listed. When I look at the Oklahoma Return (Form 511, line 23 "Oklahoma withholding") I don't see this $18 entered. Why is this happening?

Has anyone had this same problem? What did you do about it?

Thanks for your responses!!!!

Julie is asking if you put in the OK income as well as the OK tax withheld.

taxbilly

The 1099R has in box 10 ($18) and in Box 11 (OK) I have entered that information in the ATX program's 1099R but the $18 does not show up in tax withheld on the OK 511 form. Why? I have other 1099R amounts that did show up but this one did not.

The 1099R has in box 10 ($18) and in Box 11 (OK) I have entered that information in the ATX program's 1099R but the $18 does not show up in tax withheld on the OK 511 form. Why? I have other 1099R amounts that did show up but this one did not.

On the 1099-R form in ATX, did you put "OK" in box 11a-State 1 and the state number in box 11a-State 1 payer no. and the amount of the distribution in box 12a-State 1 distribution?

What I had to do to correct the problem was the following:

1. Delete the 1099R that was causing the problem

2. Delete the OK 511 form

3. Inter the information again on the 1099R (I had not missed entering any information

previously--I entered the same information both times.)

4. Install the OK 511 form

When I did this the State tax withheld on the 1099R was shown now on the OK 511 form.

Some reason it was not flowing over until I deleted the OK 511 form and re-installed it. I had up-to-date versions of both the 1099R and the OK 511 before deleting them.

I wonder why this is happening--It has not happened to me in the past?

Thanks for you that have responded!!!!