ATX Community

Schedule C gone???

Denne

I have had two clients with the same issue. I gave them each their refund amounts. I efiled and then got a phone call that the expected refunds were now what got deposited. In both cases they had losses for the year on their Schedule C. Both Schedule C forms are gone from the returns now. They were there before sending the efile. Anyone else having the problem?? I don't want to have to re-create business schedules every time someone wants to do an efile :~( Now I have more work to do Amended returns for these clients for both their Federal and State returns.

Thanks for your assistance in correcting this issue...........

I had something like this happened to me last year, don't remember what form I deleted 1099 linked to Sch C, fixed asset or automobile worksheet. I deleted one of those forms and deleted the Sch C, do remember deleting any forms by any chance?

I didn't delete anything.....just efiled and then when I got the call that the refund amount was different...that darn Sch C was just gone. Very frustrating to have it happen once let alone twice...that I know of!! I hope I don't find more of that problem.......

Thanks for the idea however!

I just got a call from my coworker and the same thing happened to him, however it was Sch E for him. He printed the return right before e-file, TP received a different amount on her refund! This really sucks, I will be looking at my returns more carefully from now on.

I just got a call from my coworker and the same thing happened to him, however it was Sch E for him. He printed the return right before e-file, TP received a different amount on her refund! This really sucks, I will be looking at my returns more carefully from now on.

DON'T BE TO QUICK TO ASSUME IT'S ON YOUR END!

When you open up the return in ATX is the proper form there?

The reason I ask this is because I had a client who waited and waited and waited for her refund check. Originally she though I did not change the address as she had moved. I had her verify her address, compared it with what I had on her return in the system, she checked her printed copy of the return and it too was correct. IRS mailed the refund to the wrong apartment number. Every thing on my end was as it should be, something happened I believe with IRS, and it's very possible that something similar is happening with you guys as well.

Deb!

I had one of two Sch C's disappear a couple of years ago. Client got letter (1099 was more than remaining Sch C income) from IRS. Client (relative) was very edgy, nervous. I called IRS, faxed necessary Sch C, all was okay. But I lost the client the next year anyway. Oh, well.