ATX Community

NT / I know you hear stupid stuff everyday

RitaB

because they "couldn't afford to pay the taxes on the a lot of earnings."

That's exactly what she said. Not that they were conservative investors. Or afraid of a market crash. She knew they'd probably make more money, but since taxes would be higher, they didn't do it. They are in their 40's.

That, to me, is like saying, "I could pay off my mortgage, but it's such a good tax write off."

I had a pastor years ago to tell me he gave up a pay increase because the taxes would be too high. I explained to him that even if you did enter a higher bracket (he would have stayed in 15% bracket), just a portion of your income gets taxed at higher rate, not all of it. Besides, you'd be keeping the net after taxes. I mean, the tax rate is not 100%, right?

What are people thinking? Does anybody know?

This validates the "My barber", excuse me, "my hair stylist says I can take off my dog food, because my dog is my security system for my house, where I have my 'office in home.'" Some clients "think" by osmosis. My quote is word for word from a long time client, that I thought, (there I go thinking) had a few sharper tools in his belt.