ATX Community

Return Manager

carolynm

I like to display only incomplete returns. Everytime I load ATX it shows me them all, and then I have to click the incomplete box again. I've tried to change the setting in options "return to default" - I've tried with it checked and unchecked but everytime I open the software -all the returns are displayed.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, and this isn't a big deal but it is driving me crazy!

carolyn

I like to display only incomplete returns. Everytime I load ATX it shows me them all, and then I have to click the incomplete box again. I've tried to change the setting in options "return to default" - I've tried with it checked and unchecked but everytime I open the software -all the returns are displayed.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, and this isn't a big deal but it is driving me crazy!

carolyn

I agree. but I don't think you can keep it set. It used to if you had marked it complete it would not let you change anything without going out and makred incomplete. Now I go in and change and when i out its still says complete.

To have your settings stay as you left them, you want the 'Return to default' to be UNCHECKED. Also, on the Preferences, the first tab, you can set it to show only the 'Incomplete' returns as your default, although you can at any time change that with one click, but when you open up, it stays checked until you uncheck it. Just check the third box. I like this one because it shows me the ones I'm working on.

I'd like to have at least one more level to check off in the opening view.

One level would be "Show All".

The next level would be "Show Incomplete".

The third level would be "Show Active".

This set of choices would enable you to hide the returns which have an extension completed & mailed and display only those which still need attention in the "Active" screen. Ultra Tax gave you multiple options of this type which were user-controleld and I used it regularly to manipulate about 6 types of classsification. It helps to keep the "Active" screen truly accurate.

I intend to send in a suggestion about this at the end of tax season, along with a suggestion that they create a lookup table for non-cash contribution entities similar to the "Payer Manager". This would greatly streamline the prep of the 8283.