ATX Community

Bart

Just updated and saw the 4868 in the update. According to the update it was changed for:

Ver 34: E-File functionality corrected to prevent rejection for FD 010.

Ver 33: Error Check functionality for ITIN updated.

Not exactly sure what this means. Maybe the form now reads my mind so I will have less work completing my extensions.

Oh wait, I completed them yesterday

Shoot, I could have saved all that work!

Just updated and saw the 4868 in the update. According to the update it was changed for:

Ver 34: E-File functionality corrected to prevent rejection for FD 010.

Ver 33: Error Check functionality for ITIN updated.

Not exactly sure what this means. Maybe the form now reads my mind so I will have less work completing my extensions.

Oh wait, I completed them yesterday

Shoot, I could have saved all that work!

A FD 010 is normally a formatting issue in the efile image. It's basically a catch all reject for bad formatting (letters in number field, etc.) So without knowing exactly what was causing the FD 10 it's pretty impossible to say if it affected a lot of returns or very few returns. And it's entirely possible the update just makes it harder to do a user error (for example, if prior to Ver 34 you could type letters in the phone number box the description of the fix would be accurate, but very few returns would have had the reject.) Or, Ver 33 may have broken 4868 good and all filed on that version rejected.

If the extensions got acks, they weren't rejected so you shouldn't need to refile.