ATX Community

Just A Reminder

Tax Prep by Deb

For those of you who like me, have the program set to hold the state returns until the federal has been accepted, keep in mind that today is the last day to timely file returns. Because volume is going to be heavy do not expect the federal acknowledgments to come thru quickly. I have begun sending both federal and state at the same time. At least if they reject we have the additional time to correct them, and even if Federal rejects and the state doesn't, at least then we can ammend the state but still show it was filed timely.

Deb!

For those of you who like me, have the program set to hold the state returns until the federal has been accepted, keep in mind that today is the last day to timely file returns. Because volume is going to be heavy do not expect the federal acknowledgments to come thru quickly. I have begun sending both federal and state at the same time. At least if they reject we have the additional time to correct them, and even if Federal rejects and the state doesn't, at least then we can ammend the state but still show it was filed timely.

Deb!

Thanks for posting; I started that a day or two ago but it never occurred to me to warn others!