ATX Community

Inventory Software

I have a new client - retail clothing sales. Right now she's using peachtree software to keep track of her inventory but is finding it not very user friendly.

Do you know of any other inventory software programs that would track inventory AND be user friendly?

Thanks,

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

:scratch_head:

I have a new client - retail clothing sales. Right now she's using peachtree software to keep track of her inventory but is finding it not very user friendly.

Do you know of any other inventory software programs that would track inventory AND be user friendly?

Thanks,

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

:scratch_head:

In my opinion, Peachtree and Quickbooks stink for retail sales, they are perfect for wholesale. I would recommend going with a POS system that can be intergrated with Peachtree. Some POS system lack some features like check writing, bank reconciliation, journal entry and most important payroll (can't prepare 941's, W-2's and sometimes no tax table). One of my client also sells clothing at retail and wholesale, the POS system is used only for retail sales and Quickbooks for wholesale and for all the accounting, the only down fall about this combination is when clothing is bought for retail sale, it has to be entered into the POS system and wholesale in QB. Now if they buy clothing for the wholesale side of the business and they want to sell some of the clothing for retail, they have to prepare an invoice from QB to retail (A/R) and in the POS it's entered as inventory (A/P) to wholesale. In short two invoices are created but they cancel each other out.

QB sells a POS system, but I cannot comment on it because I haven't used it.