ATX Community

Other Software

Randall

I second what Catherine has said. When I was on the sales team with ATX (back in 2001-2002) I requested a demo just so I could compare who I was competing with, and it never fails. Every year I receive many postcards and often times I'm still getting demo CD's.

I've never contacted them but receive their postcard as well as from others. I'm not planning to change from ATX unless the program goes down or the price jumps quite a bit. I hate and dread to change. But I like to keep a mental note of the alternatives. I think Drake would be high on my list if I were to make a change some day. I like to take note of comments on various programs.

I know TaxSlayer may be a bit of a nuisance to some of us, but I think they have the best marketing program of any software provider out there. I admire their tenacity. It's low-key but persistent; a difficult balance to maintain when marketing to professionals.

I've evaluated their software and from what I've seen they would probably be just below Drake in my order of choices if I ever left ATX. It isn't likely to happen, but if they developed a true forms-based product they'd probably jump ahead of Drake.

They keep themselves especially well-positioned to pick off tax preparers who are disgruntled with their current provider. They seem to be anticipating that sort of thing happening on a wholesale basis in the future. Anyone besides me wonder why they think that way...?

I know TaxSlayer may be a bit of a nuisance to some of us, but I think they have the best marketing program of any software provider out there. I admire their tenacity. It's low-key but persistent; a difficult balance to maintain when marketing to professionals.

I've evaluated their software and from what I've seen they would probably be just below Drake in my order of choices if I ever left ATX. It isn't likely to happen, but if they developed a true forms-based product they'd probably jump ahead of Drake.

They keep themselves especially well-positioned to pick off tax preparers who are disgruntled with their current provider. They seem to be anticipating that sort of thing happening on a wholesale basis in the future. Anyone besides me wonder why they think that way...?

I can only guess that they see a lot of the smaller programs being bought by the bigger companies. Do you know if they are independently owned? I'm like you. I don't anticipate in changing from ATX. But you never kinow what might happen. I've got Drake on my mental list and was just wondering about TaxSlayer. I hope I'm outta of here by the time I would feel the need to switch.