ATX Community

TRX Alliance

SunTaxMan

My Malwarebytes software picked up a Trojan in the demo of the TRX program during installation.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I "ignore" it?

I have sent email to TRX (yesterday) asking about this - so far, no response.

They just called me to pitch their product and I read them your post.

Ryan, from TRX called and said tech support would be calling me.

I have not tried downloading the demo again, but more interesting.....

I asked him if this is the ATX program with another label. He said, no. They HAD been selling the ATX products, but no more. They are now selling Tax Wise, BUT it will have a conversion capability from ATX.

I am looking forward to seeing the demo, if it ever works.

My Malwarebytes software picked up a Trojan in the demo of the TRX program during installation. Anyone else have this problem? Should I "ignore" it?

The TRX program from 2008 is actually TaxWise.

There was a post-season modification to TaxWise that would facilitate running two differently licensed copies of TaxWise on the same computer, using different logical hard drives. This was a work-around if TaxWise was to be used on a computer with two different EFINs, such as a laptop used at multiple VITA or TCE sites. (TaxWise is the program used by the IRS for these volunteer programs.) The modification was detected as a virus by several different anti-virus programs, but was eventually reported to actually be benign.

See http://assets.aarp.org/www.aarp.org_/artic...bertax28_29.zip for the details.

The TRX program from 2008 is actually TaxWise.

There was a post-season modification to TaxWise that would facilitate running two differently licensed copies of TaxWise on the same computer, using different logical hard drives. This was a work-around if TaxWise was to be used on a computer with two different EFINs, such as a laptop used at multiple VITA or TCE sites. (TaxWise is the program used by the IRS for these volunteer programs.) The modification was detected as a virus by several different anti-virus programs, but was eventually reported to actually be benign.

See http://assets.aarp.org/www.aarp.org_/artic...bertax28_29.zip for the details.

Don in Upstate NY,

TRX has their own product they introduced in July 2009. This is not TaxWise, per Braeden Kehoe at TRX.

Wayne Brasch

The TRX software I received was made by Red Gear, which if I remember from another forum, was bought out by HRB. I tried it a couple of times and was not comfortable with it. I have since deleted it. It was worksheet based, but, supposedly could be switched to forms based. I found that out after I deleted it. I may try it again after vacation.