ATX Community

N/T-9/15 Deadline

michaelmars

just finishing the last of my 262 returns that were on extension, my companyies. Monday i start personal extension returns-about 200

I have 5 corporations to do today. Most of it is just doing the 5% work that did not get done for the last extension. My corporation -- I will do that sometime this evening. I have had to let those deductions grow, you know!

What really threw me this year? I had forgot that the trusts were due today. Won't forget that again, that's for sure.

Maribeth

I'm going to be paying a penalty! I rushed an S-corp and a partnership to the top of my stack, even though they've been dragging their feet on getting me info such as SIMPLE contributions. But, I totally forgot about one trust; I'd left it in it's place in my queue because it's with the corresponding personal return and I was sure I'd have extensions done before now. Since he filed very late last year and this is our first 15 September deadline for trusts, I just forgot until a client left this morning and I was picking up the next file to work on. I have to go out of town for an appointment shortly and will not return until late tonight. (The fact that our CO alarm squealed and we had to evacuate our house for a few hours until the CO levels dropped didn't help me stay on schedule, either!) I'll give him a big discount next year. Or, can I use the same waiver as for late partnership returns if everything is reported on the personal returns?

Sounds like that CO alarm might give you a pretty good reason to request a penalty abatement as well.

Did the fire department come out when the alarm sounded?

A copy of their call report would be great documentation for a "boo-hoo letter".

Also, mind if I use that excuse sometime in the future?

It opens up all sorts of excuse opportunities...

The fire truck, lights flashing, with at least six fireman all suited up with oxygen tanks and masks and the hazmat equipment and a huge fan, all came. We have a copy of their incident report. I like your idea of including a copy with the boo-hoo letter.

Apparently, our new insulated garage door doesn't leak the emissions from my 1997 car to the outdoors the way our old dried out wood door did. The car did pass it's recent emissions test, but emits enough to eventually waft up to our CO monitor and create a piercing alarm. I'll be leaving the garage door a bit longer when I drive in now.

When the alarm sounded, we carried the plug in alarm outside to the fresh air, where it stopped. Then we returned inside and went down the basement stairs, when it started again. We called 911 and were told to evacuate the premises. It could've been our oil hot water tank or my dryer run by a propane tank, either causing repair/replacement bills. So, if it's just my car, that's so much easier to solve.