ATX Community

Mel

bstaxes

It looks like Mel should be OK - but it would be nicer to hear for sure!

Here's an excerpt from an AP article:

Hawaii and much of the rest of the Pacific were placed under tsunami advisories for a few hours Tuesday following the earthquake. The warnings and watches were canceled by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Honolulu after the threat of a tsunami subsided.

Still, the center said sea level changes and strong currents could occur along Hawaii's coasts, posing a hazard to swimmers and boaters. As a precaution, a couple of schools closed because of their proximity to the shoreline.

The whole article is here:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...5vzDvwD9B1DNJ80

>>it would be nicer to hear for sure!<<

At least I can tell you that I am safe. My house is in a direct line with Samoa, plus half a block. We suffered an extra two feet of high tide, but my elevation is 12 so all is well. On behalf of my roses (who don't like salty water), thanks to all the micro-diatoms or whatever they were who died millions of years ago to form this little ocean bluff I'm on.

>>it would be nicer to hear for sure!<<

At least I can tell you that I am safe. My house is in a direct line with Samoa, plus half a block. We suffered an extra two feet of high tide, but my elevation is 12 so all is well. On behalf of my roses (who don't like salty water), thanks to all the micro-diatoms or whatever they were who died millions of years ago to form this little ocean bluff I'm on.

Great to hear that all is well with you and your home and roses. (We had our first killing frost last night and graden is shot). Roses are tough and still blooming, though. As of today, I have canned 96 quarts of snappy tomato juice. Same country, different location.