ATX Community

advanced member ??

zeke

I note that I have recently become designated "advanced member"..previously I was a "newbie" and then a "member". I haven't advanced anywhere except age & girth, but I really don't care what I am called. I am curious however just how these designations become???? I spent an hour trying to find an explaination and just gave up and asked you!!! :P

I note that I have recently become designated "advanced member"..previously I was a "newbie" and then a "member". I haven't advanced anywhere except age & girth, but I really don't care what I am called. I am curious however just how these designations become???? I spent an hour trying to find an explaination and just gave up and asked you!!! :P

Zeke,

I believe the designation changes based on the number of posts you contribute to. It's based I think on your contribution to the community.

Deb!

Most forum software operates in a similar fashion. The ranking is based on your interaction with the board based on your post count. It's based on the notion that people who only post once have less of a commitment to whatever subject of the board, hence their comments should be looked at with some level of hesitancy. Based on that theory, people who post a LOT and don't get banned from the board must be either posting valuable information or keeping up the atmophere of the community.

You will know that they really value your presense when they add the 'moderator' designation... *grin*