ATX Community

Which software this year?

Accountant33

Have been an ATXer for years and pretty satisfied with it, but I do fewer than 50 returns (mostly Sole Prop & free family :wacko: ) and need to save $. Have read some of your posts about TRX and am still confused. Does anyone know WHICH software they're peddling right now? I looked at their demo and it didn't look bad, but I'm leary about moving from ATX without knowing more from someone who has some experience. From what I read from you all too, I don't want to contact them and risk getting deluged with sales calls. I use just the 1040 pkg and the W2/1099 pkg in ATX (and do a couple of 1120, -S & ptrship manually).

According to their price list on the cards I've gotten, I'd save a few bucks plus some efile fees (don't have many -mostly the free family I end up doing-, but I think ATX is really petty to charge the extra for them and I still hold a grudge about them cutting off the forum right at a critical time...).

Or is it just not worth the risk to save under a $100? :scratch_head: Wish I'd jumped at the TRX offer back in the spring to get ATX from them.

Thanks!

I jumped at that offer, and guess what....I paid and subscribed on April 9. I checked 2 or 3 times to make sure I was going to get the ATX software...OH, YES, DEFINITELY!

This past Monday, 7 months later I called and guess what...they couldn't find my order, but they would give me my money back. They had to go through the people who paid with Paypal to find it. So ANYBODY who used Paypal, call and make sure you will be getting ATX software. I could get Taxwise, but, I do not want to work with a conversion with only 6 weeks left in the year. So, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

AnnieR

Or is it just not worth the risk to save under a $100? :scratch_head: Wish I'd jumped at the TRX offer back in the spring to get ATX from them.

Thanks!

It's your call, but I would not change software for just $100. If you do 50 returns, just add $5 to every bill, and you've covered the cost, plus. And no time wasted on conversions, checking every return to be sure it all converted correctly, etc. Your time that you would put into any conversion is worth more than $100, for sure.

KC

I received a call from ATX sometime ago verifying I purchased ATX through TRX. I recently went on line to MyATX and it shows I am to receive MAX and it also showed my activation or unlock codes for 2009.

There was a post back about the same time.

QUOTE (kcjenkins @ Oct 6 2009, 03:51 PM)

I did buy the new year's program through TRX. Since CCH has agreed to honor those just as if we bought it from them, I did not have to cancel or do anything at all. Effectively, nothing changed except that I saved $699 on the renewal.

Or is it just not worth the risk to save under a $100? :scratch_head:

IMHO it's not worth it for $100. But of course that's your savings for THIS year only. There are future years to consider.

I'm a satisfied TRX customer. AFAIK they are only offering new clients the program they introduced last summer; the one they have available as a demo. I personally don't like it because you enter data on their input forms, rather than on the familiar 1040 and other IRS look a likes. If you like ATX you will not like the new TRX program. Also based on my talks with their sales people, they will NOT be offering ATX next year to anyone, and will only offer TaxWise to previous TaxWise customers. [Personal opinion - but by then maybe CCH will have merged ATX and TaxWise into a single product aimed at the small preparer market.]

Since you only do 50 returns or so and e-file is not a major concern, you might take a look at TaxAct.

I also purchased thru TRX. I went to MyAtx and saw My Products with activation codes, but, MAX was not listed. Although ATX Total Tax, ATX Document Manager, ATX Trial Balance, TTO Unlimited License, ATX Unlimited W2/1099 were listed with activation codes. Should I be calling someone to verify my purchase?

Diane