ATX Community

OIC forms question

Catherine

Hi folks and Merry Christmas to all!

Quick question -- I have an OIC ready to submit. Should there be any issue using 2008 forms, or should I re-do it all on the 2009? I looked the new ones over quickly and the impression I got was that they're functionally identical. I don't want this tossed back at us for not u sing the right form revision -- but neither to I want to have to re-do everything, three days before Christmas, for no good reason.

TIA,

Catherine

Catherine,

According to IRS, they want you to use the most current version of Form 656. I believe this is the March 2009 revision.

Merry Christmas,

JerryW

That's the one I have from the ATX 2008 software; Form 656 Rev. 3/09. The 433-A is a January 08. I'll have to double check in the '09 package and see what the revision date of the 433-A there is. Thanks!

Thanks, Taxbilly -- I had just checked it on the IRS site. Should have done that in the first place, but I've been doing 17 things at once when I -know- my limit is 9. Ah, the holidays -- such a -restful- time of year! :blush:

Don't allow the holidays to be so stressful, Catherine. They are for enjoying.

Booger

Don't allow the holidays to be so stressful, Catherine. They are for enjoying.

Booger

Hi Booger, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

As of today, I am enjoying the holidays. All the gifts are boughten and/or completed (although a couple still need wrapping), the cards are all sended out, the decorations are up and behaving themselves (which means I've swapped out all the suction cup light hooks that were weak and falling for better ones). And the OIC that's been badgering me for too long is ready to mail out -- the client is coming Monday to sign forms, and he has promised that all the copies of all the supporting documents are ready in a folder.

My daughters and I spent most of today making a -full- batch of the filling for the traditional Christmas ravioli, made to my great-grandmother's recipe (it needs to set at least overnight to develop the flavor fully). And I've discovered this is -way- easier to pull off with two mostly-grown girls. The last time we tried (a couple years ago) we made a half-batch and I was teaching as we went along. The time before that I was working all on my own while trying to keep both eyes on two very active little girls. That was not fun. When I was a kid, we did this for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter every year -- with two grandparents and two grandchildren busy as beavers with preparation for two days straight.

This year, Gwen's boyfriend's family (5 of them) are coming for Christmas dinner, and so we also have the promise of ravioli making assistance on the day itself from a strapping 17-year-old young man. (This is also why we went for the full-batch recipe with five pounds of riced potatoes, one pound of ricotta, another pound of fresh-grated (with the big grater my grandfather made by hand) Parmesan cheese, and all the rest -- lots of people coming to EAT!) My husband has made me a new maple pasta board and a new clamping system for the pasta roller machine. Doug is off picking up the porchetta roast, my older girl (Fiona) has gone off to buy a few last-minute gifts, and Gwen (who did -lots- of cooking with me today) is tuckered out and napping on the sofa.

I am a very happy Catherine right now. :wub:

>>the pasta roller machine<<

Hand-made ravioli for TEN?

Hey, Booger--you'd better pay close attention to Catherine's advice about your anniversary gift. She knows what she's talking about!

Gwen counted -- we had 213 ravioli. About a third of them got eaten for Christmas dinner and the rest are in the fridge slowly being enjoyed. It took several hours of hard work rolling dough, filling, shaping, cutting, setting out to dry -- and then boiling in batches. I should post a picture of the process and/or the final result. Yum!!