ATX Community

Did anyone else notice the preference changed?

BulldogTom

Did anyone else have this happen. I updated (like I do every day) the software and when I went in the next time it automatically started downloading updates. I know my preferences and I know I did not set them to auto update. Now I am sitting here for 10 minutes waiting for the software to update and it is stuck at 92%. This is not good. I don't like when ATX changes my preferences.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Tom

Lodi, cA

I noticed that as well. I had updated earlier today, but when I updated a couple of hours ago the program restarted and during the restart it gave me a message that it was ready to start automatically updating whenever the program restarts. I rejected that screen and immediately changed the preference to prohibit it from updating except when I choose. I'll bet you thought that was the "Do You Want to See the Forms" query we always get and you accepted the automatic updates by accident. I agree with you - I only want it updating when I tell it to do so.

In thinking about how this preference change came about, it's important to note that it happened when the download required a "Restart". Now I'm wondering if this was a one-time event or if the preference is set to default back to automatic every time there's a "Restart" required. I guess we'll find out next time that happens. I have to say that overall the process has been very smooth for me. I downloaded the software (Max) from the web site last week and have updated onc3e or twice every business day. Haven't had any problems or issues (except for this minor one), and everything seems to be working just fine.

required a "Restart"

The update required a restart because there was a program update as well as the regular forms update. I would think that if the next program update(s) change the preference like this one did, the restart will give you a warning about the preference change just as this one did.

I wonder if they will listen to the hundreds of us that want print order preferences?

I know, I know, I know. In our office, the biggest complaint on ATX is their print routine. It takes me 15 minutes to prep a return and 30 minutes to get it printed out in the order that we use.

Maribeth